The official "this economy sucks and I got laid off" thread

jhamnett

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It really shouldn't, I've been networking like crazy lately and I'm an engineer, they tend to stay in demand.

Dude, time to start a band?
:thu:

Appreciate the comments people!!
:)

i'm a land surveyor, we've cut all of our engineers and drafters to part time, and split our two man field crews into one man crews. it's getting grim.

if you're a train engineer ignore what i said.:thu:

yes, let's start a band.

• Members
i'm a land surveyor, we've cut all of our engineers and drafters to part time, and split our two man field crews into one man crews. it's getting grim.

if you're a train engineer ignore what i said.
:thu:

yes, let's start a band.

Mechanical engineer... who coincidentally designed parts for trains (and other things).

Weird enough, I could definitely get a job in Tucson, band could happen?

• Members
Hooray for unemployment benefits!

:cry:

I moved from ATL to Florida for my job. 3 weeks later, The bottom droped out of the economy. 3 weeks = no unemployment benifits. And oh yeah, the day after we moved, my wife discovered she's pregnant. (again)

F#CK YOU, BARNEY FRANK!!!

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

• Members

I lost my job back in the end of August.. {censored}ing OnStar... Anyways.. I think the unemployment office needs to give me money until I do get a new job.

In the past 2 weeks, I've handed out over a dozen copies of my resume. I've never used unemployment before, so I think I'll have no problems.

I just hate not working.. I'm getting {censored}ing cabin fever trying to get a new job.

Archived