Should we get another HCFX Pedal build going?

Bill Cosby

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
164664873_1243752.gif

I'm guessing since you said you are NOT letting this slide this time you will be putting the money forth to fund the build?

I doubt a bunch of people are gunna prepay for someone who I've never even seen build a single pedal and is thinking he'll try to make these as his first big project. They aren't THAT simple of a circuit.

• Members

He's got a point, this isn't going to happen unless someone fronts the cash for a prototype. The likelyhood of that seems dim.

not just the prototype but the whole run. I don't think you'll get a lot of people just sending money out into a void of vaporware.

Kayzer is one exception, he throws money at anything.

• Members

Put another for against the klon clone.

I'm sure you have all seen the ethics thing that the Klon creator posted, but besides that, I'm not sure anyone in this thread has played, or even seen a klon. How do you know if it's going to sound good, or what it's supposed to even sound like when you build it? Not sure if many are going to spend 50+ on a pedal that was produced to poke fun at another pedal that costs way to much for what it actually does.

Another problem is that over the past few years, there have been several different schematics of the klon put up on the internet. A lot of them vary greatly from one to another. So far the only schem I've ever heard of possibly working (again, never heard of anyone actually buiding it), is over at that forum. So even if you get around to building it, which I doubt will be less then $50, the chances of it working aren't the greatest, and the chances of it sounding like a klon are even slimmer.

Besides all that, if someone does end up building it, and it works, and there is the ability to get it to the masses, then thats cool I guess. You could be bringing the fall the klon empire or you could just waste your investors money on an overdrive that could sound exactly the same as a much cheaper overdrive.

I still like the tube overdrive/trem, but that doesn't matter, as I already have one :D

Goodluck.

• Members
Put another for against the klon clone.

I'm sure you have all seen the ethics thing that the Klon creator posted, but besides that, I'm not sure anyone in this thread has played, or even seen a klon. How do you know if it's going to sound good, or what it's supposed to even sound like when you build it? Not sure if many are going to spend 50+ on a pedal that was produced to poke fun at another pedal that costs way to much for what it actually does.

Another problem is that over the past few years, there have been several different schematics of the klon put up on the internet. A lot of them vary greatly from one to another. So far the only schem I've ever heard of possibly working (again, never heard of anyone actually buiding it), is over at
that forum
. So even if you get around to building it, which I doubt will be less then $50, the chances of it working aren't the greatest, and the chances of it sounding like a klon are even slimmer.

Besides all that, if someone does end up building it, and it works, and there is the ability to get it to the masses, then thats cool I guess. You could be bringing the fall the klon empire or you could just waste your investors money on an overdrive that could sound exactly the same as a much cheaper overdrive.

I still like the tube overdrive/trem, but that doesn't matter, as I already have one
:D

Goodluck.

The code of ethics that surrounds teh Klon was put in place by the builder.
"Hai! Don't copy me, I need to seel them for $300!"
Nobody seems to object to any other overdrive being cloned, why this one.

Also, it need sound no different if it's made to spec...

The reason why less than half of us don't have Klons or haven't played them is the stupid price they command.

RoboPimp doubted the Melxotone project and that came through, I'll put my name down for this too.

• Members

RoboPimp doubted the Melxotone project and that came through, I'll put my name down for this too.

yep, the melxotone was easy to built on perfboard, i dont see any one capable to do 40 units of these in perfboard in a reasonable amount of time (2 months), plus keeping the price under $100.

I think the realist thing to do is one knobber pedal, that can be done on perfboard, unless someone can volunter to design a pcb for it, so it

Archived