Should we get another HCFX Pedal build going?

Bill Cosby

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
i'n not that bothered with a Klon clone to be honest,i don't want a clone of something just because it's expensive,i've never played a klon,I've never really heard a record where the sound jumped out at me and was obviously a klon being used

i'd rather something like a harmonic percolator...

hperc.JPG

built into a wah enclosure or something

a pedal with a bit more character,

wah enclosure would be easy too, small bear make em!

ShellInside.JPG

cloning the Klon's about as exciting as a Fiat Punto

The wah enclosure can't be printed on though which is half of the fun.
I don't mind putting a few together if someone has already verified the build and sends me the parts, are we doing perfboard or PCB?

• Members

Two suggestions

a) Again, lets make the build DIY, using the board style of BYOC with the big, easy eyelets.

b) Why don't we expand on the Klon, improve it. I think making it better will both, make it more original, unique, and called for, while also make it even more spiteful. We made a better Klon. Deal with it.

Also, there's a spec out there for a mini Klon somewhere, I can't find it though.

i was wondering, who here is knowledgeable about this kind of {censored}. for example, its sooo easy to say "lets make it bettarrrr!!!" but um, who knows how to do that....?

• Members

i was wondering, who here is knowledgeable about this kind of {censored}. for example, its sooo easy to say "lets make it bettarrrr!!!" but um, who knows how to do that....?

Good question. Just about every distortion has certain things in common that can be changed to change the bass responce, gain amount, and other stuff. It's just finding them.

To the building - don't start with the PCB. If you all are planning on making this 'better', breadboard it and try different stuff out for your mods.

• Members

i already suggested using separate pots instead of the dual ganged pot for the gain , this way we can blean i the clean signal to the od signal to taste

• Members

i already suggested using separate pots instead of the dual ganged pot for the gain , this way we can blean i the clean signal to the od signal to taste

why not ask a builder for a custom shop type pedal for Hcfx, similar to catalinbread mini boxes with special layout, dont know if it needs to be a oneoff. an special valcoder could be cool

• Members

The wah enclosure can't be printed on though which is half of the fun.

I don't mind putting a few together if someone has already verified the build and sends me the parts, are we doing perfboard or PCB?

Well, there is the front emblem, and then there is the bottom, which leaves a lot of room to go crazy with graphics. I suggest an absurd parody of the original Thomas Organ wah.

For the record, I've always wanted an analog delay in a wah pedal. Something similar to the SAD-1, which had the nastiest oscillations I ever heard.

I circuit bent a Companion Fuzz Wah once, it was insane. Just changing the volume moved it from overdrive, to fuzz, to circuit scrambling. It was weird. And loud, loud as hell. It was a long time ago though, it may sound like ass, I just started playing at the time.

• Members

Ok Ladies since I started this madness, and thanks Robo for the keepin the faith or shall I say Keepin It Real. The Klon/e isnt anything unimaginable and in a sense we can all have a little slice of the "mystique" that comes from the unit. Hell most of us will pay for it and be like, "Thats It??" Im still down to do this but it wont be a thing that gets done in a month, some of you put down good cash of all sorts of colors and wait for how long for delay, still we will try to proceed with this in a rightful manner and order. Needletoink and me will get together pound a {censored} load of beers and come up with the most workable solution, I promise change and change is what I will bring. Long live the KLONE

Archived