Let's build a modular fuzz!

dan-o-guitar

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

noob/

so it's a fuzz....but wtf? I don't get it....how is it used/what does all the stuff do?

/noob

It is basically a fuzz face circuit. But all of the circuit points are exposed as banana jacks. You then use plugs to hook up whatever version of the fuzz face you want. It also has an LPB-1 booster and a white noise generator that you can patch it. Sort of of like lego for fuzz--completely impractical but loads of fun to dream up and build.

• Members

It is basically a fuzz face circuit. But all of the circuit points are exposed as banana jacks. You then use plugs to hook up whatever version of the fuzz face you want. It also has an LPB-1 booster and a white noise generator that you can patch it. Sort of of like lego for fuzz--completely impractical but loads of fun to dream up and build.

OMFG WANT.

I loves me some lego!

• Members

Colors are quite limited when shopping for banana jacks, at least at reasonable prices. Smaller? Not likely, it is not meant to be a pedal, more like something you sit on the top of your amp and diddle with while you play.

Maybe enamel paint? I wasn't suggesting actually fitting that in a smaller enclosure, just a similar concept with a third of the features and little 1/8 jacks. You could also make it look like a Moog pedal.

• Members

It may use 3 miles of wire = check

It may be {censored}ing howling with noise as a result = most likely

It may be so large as to make it entirely impractical = most assuredly

I got into a heated discussion over the weekend with a particular gear hound who pointed out the sheer lunacy of the entire affair. I rebutted with "I'm building it because I can."

lunatic.jpg

Archived