Fender Massive Price Increase

tubezipper

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

hate to play the devil's advocate on this one, but if people want a guitar or some other gear then they're going to beg, borrow, steal to get it...we already do this to a degree don't we, say things are overpriced and then haggle til we have said-overpriced object???

• Members

Great guitars for the price but if the price goes up they will not be in my book. Bolt on necks, maple neck/bodies? Paying more for the name I will not. I've already stopped looking at USA made and have been a MIM Fender for some time now. If MIM prices go up I'll go somewhere else.

• Members
Source please?

I understand that prices eventually have to go up - when labor, materials and the other costs of business increase, so too must prices... but in light of the current state of the economy world-wide, this seems like a rather bad time to have to do it...
:idk:

Fender "hikes prices" every year.

I remember when a brand new American Deluxe tele was only $999...now they're $1249.

This isn't your normal price hike, this is supposed to be a more than $150-200 jump on EVERY PRODUCT.

That means mexican strat = $550.

That's the worst idea ever.

• Members

Nobody should be surprised.

Plus Fender guitars are best when they're worn in, so buy used!

I don't hold anything against the company. Supply & demand. S'how it works.

I noticed Gibson prices went up pretty steadily this year. And their new guitars (and discontinuation of the Les Paul Classic) kinda bum me out. I understand the thought, but I don't agree with it.

Archived