The Zombie Apocalypse Challenge!

RadioSilence

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What I really like about the book is that it doesn't forget about how (assuming of course) humans would react. So, it's not only zombies you have to worry about, but other people too. Desperate people will do things they normally wouldn't.

+ sho'nuff.

People will be just as big a threat. People in a panic, even people you think you know, will become huge liabilities if they know where you are and they know you're prepared. Expect floods of unprepared people leading hoards to your front door. Then when food/adequate shelter becomes scarce - the raiding parties start. It will truly be survival of the fittest/well-armed/well-organized.

I'm not telling any of you {censored}ers my plans...

• Members

My plan were it to actually happen right now would be to round up the family and get to walmart (were it not already crawling with zombies) round up all the canned food, weapons, and camping gear we could, make our way up the metal staircase to the roof and lock the steel door behind us... you could spell out help on the roof, and camp out basically. When supplies got low, you could send quiet little gathering parties down the staircase to get some more food.

Though it wouldn't last forever, it would keep you alive until/if somebody came to rescue.

http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=13017

• Members

My plan were it to actually happen right now would be to round up the family and get to walmart (were it not already crawling with zombies) round up all the canned food, weapons, and camping gear we could, make our way up the metal staircase to the roof and lock the steel door behind us... you could spell out help on the roof, and camp out basically. When supplies got low, you could send quiet little gathering parties down the staircase to get some more food.

Though it wouldn't last forever, it would keep you alive until/if somebody came to rescue.

Well you could always build planters on the roof from the garden department and grow vegetables there. That would help you last out longer.

That is of course until the bodies all rot and decay and the vermin and insects get out of hand and you die from something they are carrying.

• Members

Well you could always build planters on the roof from the garden department and grow vegetables there. That would help you last out longer.

That is of course until the bodies all rot and decay and the vermin and insects get out of hand and you die from something they are carrying.

Good luck getting the hundreds of people also on the roof with you to decided what to plant. And then good luck getting your fair share of tomato, when the five tomatoes produced have to be split among the hundreds of people.

• Members

I'd probably head further north. My thinking is winter is a bitch on soft tissue / dead or alive. Basically those {censored}ers would freeze. Zombie-cicles make ez targets :)

Come to think of it an island with 7-8 months of winter is ideal. :)

• Members

When you use movies/video games as evidence....your point has already been shot down.

When it happens, you can say "told you so" but until then...no.

It didn't. It used movies/games as a way for the reader to understand what they're talking about better.

• Members

It didn't. It used movies/games as a way for the reader to understand what they're talking about better.

ok...so if there are 'ways' then how come it already hasnt? You know since most of the 5 ways have been around for awhile.

and i have no doubt the gov't would have {censored}ed up by now.

• Members

ok...so if there are 'ways' then how come it already hasnt? You know since most of the 5 ways have been around for awhile.

and i have no doubt the gov't would have {censored}ed up by now.

I haven't thought about it that much. I'm just saying if you're going to discount something do it for a correct reason.

But I guess you could reason there is a {censored}load of infectious stuff, known and not known, that hasn't gotten to the public. Kept in labs in case they're needed.

• Members

their only instinct is to bite non-zombies to spread the infection. they wouldn't actually
eat
anyone but might continue to bite, leading to the belief that they do.

Again, can they infect animals? That would put a big dent in my battleship/oil rig plan, because you'd need to eat animals to survive. Also, the idea of zombie sharks scare me.

Although I was thinking about the idea while eating dinner today, and thought during WW:Z that the waters would be overrun with pirates. With the waters being such a great place to hide, and desperate people everywhere, oil rigs wouldn't be such a great location without heavy guns and good shots defending them. Battleships are still a go though.

• Members

Again, can they infect animals? That would put a big dent in my battleship/oil rig plan, because you'd need to eat animals to survive. Also, the idea of zombie sharks scare me.

you're safe from zombie sharks, our reports indicate that the Z virus is only contactable by humans.

• Members

I'd build platforms on top of the shelves at Home Depot. Like 30 feet in the air. Zombies can't climb. Set up a tent. Or {censored}, a reinforced house up there. Block all the doors with a 3 foot thick wall of cinder blocks, 2x4s and sheet metal. Then I could start building weapons. Cannons as a last resort. Seriously, I've made a cannon from parts before. Shot a bolt through a coconut using match heads as a propellant. I could ramp that {censored} up to shoot huge bullets. Nail guns. Plus hammers, crowbars. Set up a garden on the roof. Reinforce my Hummer for the occasional trips to WalMart if absolutely necessary. Do zombies react to electric shock? Fry the brain? I could rig the metal doors to shock the {censored} outta them if they touched it. I like my plan. How many of you have thought to go straight to a hardware store?

• Members

This thread pwns all sorts of {censored}.

I too have thought about this far too much.

http://zombiesarecoming.com is good resource, though very American-Your-Gun oriented.

To hand I have an assortment of knives, plus my survival knife in my room, though know Rucksack to carry it in. Right now I am Long term {censored}ed, but back at home, I'd be sorted.

• Members

They can't climb, but they can wait until you run out of food.

Not if the rest of his plan works.

Seriously, I need to do some serious thinking about this.

I'd want a partner, for teh Lulz I would need, but no one in my flat is trust-worthy enough.

Archived