The Zombie Apocalypse Challenge!

RadioSilence

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So there's no real need for them to eat brains then, they just
want
to eat them? And how long does this decay take?

Yeah, they don't actually need brains. In fact, the brains are the one part they won't eat (because destroying the brain means one less zombie brethren out there).

As for decay, it depends on the environment. If it's a jungle or tropical environment, maybe 6 months to 3 years. Temperate climate, figure maybe 5-10 years or so.

I've read the Zombie Survival Guide several times (WWZ too) :o.

• Members

lol @ all the fools with guns and pointy sharp objects and whatnot. Fire is the obvious answer. I'd just get a flamethrower or something.

Wrong. Then you have flaming zombies. Remember, there are no organs to destroy and they won't succumb to pain. It would take minutes, maybe hours, for the fire to eat through the skull and destroy the brain. Fire is actually the worst possible weapon.

n00b :o

• Members

lol @ all the fools with guns and pointy sharp objects and whatnot. Fire is the obvious answer. I'd just get a flamethrower or something.

Then youd have a bigger problem. Flaming zombies.

Zombies can only be killed by major brain trauma, dont you know anything?

• Members

Then youd have a bigger problem. Flaming zombies.

Zombies can only be killed by major brain trauma, dont you know anything?

This man knows his stuff.

Plus, good luck finding a flamethrower, then lugging around 100+ pounds of gear with limited use. Wait for the zombies to get close before killing them? :facepalm: Run out of fuel in a short amount of time? :facepalm:

• Members

Yeah, they don't actually need brains. In fact, the brains are the one part they won't eat (because destroying the brain means one less zombie brethren out there).

Dude, that's bull{censored}. Everybody knows zombies eat brains. Haven't you heard the joke "What do zombies look for in a girl?", the answer is {censored}ing brains. Those guys are just lying to you to get the one up on the good spots when the zombies arrive. I disagree with their scholarship. Also, zombies eat humans, there won't be much left even if they save the brains.

• Members

I think body protection is a must. Goggles, mask, headgear (helmet), and your entire body has to be protected with layers, leather, armor. So I would hit up a biker shop, get leather, full helmets, goggles, armored jackets-

you need to identify how they are being infected, would it be a full bite, scratch, blood? Do they spit? is everyone a zombie unless they are immune? So be completely covered until you figure it out. Don't want to blow a zombie away only to have his blood spatter get in your mouth and turn you.

shotguns, and ninja swords (always located at your local pawn shop)...

find a radio and locate the army... unless thats already not an option. Otherwise you need wide open spaces, rocky terrain, stay away from wooded areas, and look for temperature extremes such as deserts or cold

• Members
Dude, that's bull{censored}. Everybody knows zombies eat brains. Haven't you heard the joke "What do zombies look for in a girl?", the answer is {censored}ing
brains
. Those guys are just lying to you to get the one up on the good spots when the zombies arrive. I disagree with their scholarship. Also, zombies eat humans, there won't be much left even if they save the brains.

Are we talking real life mother-{censored}ing zombies or pop culture zombies? If {censored} goes down and there are shamblers out in the streets, you bet their ass they'll eat whatever flesh they can get. These aren't your mother's zombies we're dealing with; they're not picky. :cop:

• Members

If {censored} goes down and there are shamblers out in the streets, you bet their ass they'll eat whatever flesh they can get. These aren't your mother's zombies we're dealing with; they're not picky.
:cop:

Really, I thought they didn't eat brains - now they eat everything? Dude, if your this indecisive all the time, there is no way your going to survive the Great Human/Zombie Wars.

And before you ask, human. Those robots are too {censored}in' short.

• Members

..speaking of plans period.

http://www.sealab2021x.com/season-0/6/

But if we're not going by movies, what do we go by? What some guy makes up as being logical? We could make up all sorts of rules then. I say movies are much more defined, and pretty much where the idea comes from to begin with, and consider Night of the Living Dead as cannon.

i don;t know why tou all hate zombies. it's the time of the season for loving.

Note to self: Don't trust Lou.

• Members

Dude, that's bull{censored}. Everybody knows zombies eat brains. Haven't you heard the joke "What do zombies look for in a girl?", the answer is {censored}ing
brains
. Those guys are just lying to you to get the one up on the good spots when the zombies arrive. I disagree with their scholarship. Also, zombies eat humans, there won't be much left even if they save the brains.

their only instinct is to bite non-zombies to spread the infection. they wouldn't actually eat anyone but might continue to bite, leading to the belief that they do.

Archived