The Zombie Apocalypse Challenge!

RadioSilence

• Members

I live about a hundred feet from the ocean, so I'd have my neighbor/friend/whoever is around gather the survival {censored} and toss it in my truck while I go looking for a boat. We'd meet up, then heard for the closest remote island, or even better, an island with a light house on it several miles from shore. Tall, away from civilization, has a great big light on it, you can see for miles, the ocean is nearby for food and water, and you could escape by the stolen boat. I'd bring a blow torch and tools to dismantle the staircase. I suppose eventually we would want to head South to a more desirable climate in the boat, islands, aircraft carriers, subs, and oil rigs all seem like pretty solid destinations.

You still have to be careful as zombies can walk underwater.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

ok, the plan is take my weapons and fight my way to the river. find a small boat and load it with a {censored}load of fuel and as much food an i can loot from the nearby shops.

head out to sea and then about 50 miles up the coast to the island of lindisfarne and settle myself (and whoever else thought about it) into the castle. it was turned into a family home in 1901, so it has electricity and a roof. the castle has its own fresh water well so i could survive there for a decent amount of time.

holy.gif

Lindisfarne-Castle.jpg

Lindisfarne_castle_3.jpgLindisfarne_Castle_Nigel_Chadwick.jpg

• Members

2akd18j.jpg

Let me guess, this is all a cover and you're a serial killer getting off on the fact that these are your primary tools of your trade and you think know one is on to you.

:rolleyes: Please...

Go away Mr. Serial Killer, you had your fun, time to get back on topic. :cop:

• Members

What I really like about the book is that it doesn't forget about how (assuming of course) humans would react. So, it's not only zombies you have to worry about, but other people too. Desperate people will do things they normally wouldn't.

• Members

You still have to be careful as zombies can walk underwater.

What!?! Well, they don't breathe, I guess that makes sense, but I can't imagine it being very practical. I refuse to believe they can actually swim, I imagine they'd just sink. If I was on an island, I guess one crazy stray zombie could walk out like 5 miles and crawl up my beach. Again, it asks the question, do they die from lack of brains? Because they'd probably starve to death on the trek, which I imagine would take forever for a stupid ass zombie. They're slow as it is, I can only imagine how slow they are underwater, and it'd probably take a week for the bastard just to get himself out of a seaweed patch.

I don't think they have a chance getting to an oil rig though. Those things are about a hundred feet off the ground, and are planted in the middle of the ocean, there's no way they're getting up that. They'd just kind of run into the foundation hundreds of feet below, and get eaten by sharks....

...wait, can animals become zombies? Holy {censored}! Zombie sharks! We're {censored}ed!

Also, can you imagine zombies in Tokyo, Japan? They sleep in drawers and have no guns, it'd be a Goddamn zombie breeding ground! However, their museums have some hella' sweet swords.

• Members

i think about this quite a bit and i think its pretty funny that a bunch of other guys have as well. sittin around drinkin with the guys talking zombie invasions is fun but the girls can only put up with it for so long...

i always think about FAST zombies tho like 28 Days later type. They seem to be more challenging and you would have to have a much more planned survival out.

i think that youd have to arm yourself at your house with whatever, but making your way to a military surplus store would be key. Then i think if you were to stay in a city a prison would actually make a pretty sweet fortress.

i think if you had a group you could survive ok - you would need some key people to look after different things - food, transportation (and fuel), defense, exploration etc.

• Members

i think about this quite a bit and i think its pretty funny that a bunch of other guys have as well. sittin around drinkin with the guys talking zombie invasions is fun but the girls can only put up with it for so long...

i always think about FAST zombies tho like 28 Days later type. They seem to be more challenging and you would have to have a much more planned survival out.

i think that youd have to arm yourself at your house with whatever, but making your way to a military surplus store would be key. Then i think if you were to stay in a city a prison would actually make a pretty sweet fortress.

i think if you had a group you could survive ok - you would need some key people to look after different things - food, transportation (and fuel), defense, exploration etc.

Although I love the movie, I never really count the 28 Days Later ones as true zombies. They're more people that have been infected with a rage virus. True zombies actually die and would be slow due either to {censored}ed up motor skills or decomposition.

• Members

It's good to know that the most likely survivors of the zombie apocalypse will be hardened criminals. While all the stupid people will be killed off through vigorous natural selection, psychopaths will be high in numbers, making the post-WW:Z world scarier than I thought.

• Members

I live in rural Pennsylvania, which according to Night of the Living Dead, is a {censored}ty place to be.

My camping packs are always prepped, so grabbing the hunting bow, a rock hammer, and machete would be my quick choice.

Then, heading to the Appalachian Trail (40 minutes away), for the trek north.

My biggest problem would be the 3 pre-schoolers I need to tote along.

Although, there are the coal mines....

• Members

Will somebody please tell me if zombies can starve form lack of brains, I still really want to know this, y'know, in case the T Virus breaks out tomorrow.

yeah.

they are basically indestructable

Tie a cord to the handle, and you could swing it like a mace. Too bad you use a Wavebird, or you could have a cats tail, or whatever they are. Bet you wish you didn't get that Wavebird now, huh?

• Members

Will somebody please tell me if zombies can starve form lack of brains, I still really want to know this, y'know, in case the T Virus breaks out tomorrow.

No, they don't starve. Barring destruction of the brain, they live until they decay into nothing.

• Members

HAHA this thread is pure win! I have world war Z and the Zombie survival guide still lying around!

For more serious zombie action check out brian keene - the rising and dead city both are some of the best zombie books ive read, The walking dead also worth a shot when you dont mind comic {censored}...! Autumn was damn boring and monster island/nation... somehow a little odd...

For the survival action i have 2 beyond sharp cooking knifes i would grab and i have a save room near my flat in an old WWII Bunker that i am using with my band as rehearsal room! Just a problem getting tons of food there and sit the apocalypse out

Archived