Favorite Dirt Box

turnitto11

• Members

I borrowed a Keeley RAT and I hated it. Couldn't find a nice clear sounding tone.

A RAT is not what you want to get if you want a nice clear tone. It's pure hairy distortion.

The RAT gets nasty & that's why I use it after my OD's to bring the metal once in a while.

• Members

A RAT is not what you want to get if you want a nice clear tone. It's pure hairy distortion.

The RAT gets nasty & that's why I use it after my OD's to bring the metal once in a while.

Got a Rat modded it to turn it into a Turbo Rat, Dirty Rat, Stock Rat, Vintage Rat, and 2 other variations. I wouldn't trade it for any other dirt pedal that I can think of. It's so versatile...

I like heavier type distortions too but the Rat really sounds good in the mix when you're playing live. Sometimes it just fills in the sound so well you don't even realize it's there until you stop playing...You guys know what I'm talking about...

• Members

+1

I still discover new things on this pedal everyday but it is so easy to get back to the settings I liked. A lot of mids and bass in this thing too. Great distortion tones. I found a very fun and evil octave sound today that I have been annoying my neighbors with.

But I voted Muff. The Muff rocks.

• Members

I had a hard time picking between Rat and Tubescreamer. I used to run two Analogman Maxon OD-9/silvers for a long time. Lately I've really been getting into my Keeley Rat II with the gain low. Sort of like Scofield sets it according to his pedalboard pic. I really like the sound. Its a lot less compressed and there's less mids. Lately I'd been running just my Rat and a Barber LTD. The past two nights though I put my Analogman OD-9/silver back on the board and I realized how much I missed it. I just voted rat because its become part of my main sound now. I'm glad there all back on the board now though.

Theres a low gain Keeley Rat II vid in this link if you wanna check it out.
www.youtube.com/tronus98

Archived