OT: Drasp DL4 Mods

turiguiliano

• Members

Wow guys, thanks SO much for all the positive/kind words! What started out as me improving my own DL4 for myself has really turned into something. . .JmanX, your pedal is sitting on the bench next to me, new switches installed, this thing will be done VERY soon. Watch your e-mail for pix.
:)

hi, do you have a web site or contact info with prices. thanks, have a good one

• Members

hi, do you have a web site or contact info with prices. thanks, have a good one

There is a link in my Sig, that's really all I've done & it's a bit out-of-date. As it is, I have a waiting list & I'm only taking a few at a time so nobody has to be w/o their DL4 for too long! :thu: Feel free to PM me if you've got any questions.

• Members

It's just a switch between 0 & 10k ohms that plugs into the EXP jack through a short run of cable & a slim RA plug. Lets you switch between settings within any of the presets (A, B, C) same as if you had an EXP pedal, but without any in-between settings, and w/o taking up any board space. :thu:

• Members

I used mine at a gig last night, and it performed flawlessly.

the biggest tonal difference is a little bit more output, and a little bit bigger and fuller sound.

But I have to admit, seeing those sexy colored LEDs (4 different colors in mine, as requested) really makes me smile :love::love::love:

Like I have said before, I would not recommend having the mods done unless you REALLY LOVE the DL-4, and use one a LOT.

But I feel my money was well spent on getting my unit upgraded by DRASP.

Plus, the "dweezil green" paint job is just SO UGLY, and I love it!

• Members

Thanks again Bobby - you're the man. It was
you
that got me doing this in the first place!
:p

thanks DRASP -- but it was YOU that did this to start with. I had considered getting mine modded by Keeley, but after I saw your personal DL-4 that you had modded, it made me send mine to you for the mods. And of course, NewarkWilder Mike wanted one, as we are both going to do a LOT of looping in our live show, so I told him he should get the all-black "stealth" model, which he did.

There does seem to be quite a few people out there who NEED repairs and mods on their DL-4's, so I hope that it works out for you to be able to do more of these!

You might want to consider training NewarkWilder on how to help you out, as he wants to learn some electronics skills, and with as many orders as you are getting, maybe it's time to have an apprentice at your shop :thu:

• Members

by the way -- LOVE the orange finish as well, you need to keep it up and make LOTS of wild looking ones!

also -- you might want to figure out how to get in touch with the guys from Minus the Bear - since they use at least 8 DL-4's onstage at one time, they may be in need of your services!

• Members

You might want to consider training NewarkWilder on how to help you out, as he wants to learn some electronics skills, and with as many orders as you are getting, maybe it's time to have an apprentice at your shop
:thu:

haha. yeah i'd love to learn all this stuff. but honestly (and i'm sure he'd be the first to tell you) Dan isn't doing anything that isn't just a common sense improvement to areas where L6 either cut corners or just didn't think about. But it makes a WORLD of difference, plus he is just a smart practical innovative dude who makes good use of what he's already got and comes up with cool new ways to use them. It takes a good but flawed pedal and makes it a GREAT pedal. Others will still prefer something else to a DL-4 but since they are so common and user friendly its great to take that and turn it into something that is built like a tank and practically erases any kind of reliability issues.

He just put the new Moog-style switches in my sexy stealth black dl-4, i'm gonna go pick it up soon. We live close and since I was gonna come up and grab it and hang out for a while he invited me for a homecooked dinner with his wife! how nice is that. seriously.

so, in short, drasp is a hell of a guy doing great work.

• Members

haha. yeah i'd love to learn all this stuff. but honestly (and i'm sure he'd be the first to tell you) Dan isn't doing anything that isn't just a common sense improvement to areas where L6 either cut corners or just didn't think about. But it makes a WORLD of difference, plus he is just a smart practical innovative dude who makes good use of what he's already got and comes up with cool new ways to use them. It takes a good but flawed pedal and makes it a GREAT pedal. Others will still prefer something else to a DL-4 but since they are so common and user friendly its great to take that and turn it into something that is built like a tank and practically erases any kind of reliability issues.

He just put the new Moog-style switches in my sexy stealth black dl-4, i'm gonna go pick it up soon. We live close and since I was gonna come up and grab it and hang out for a while he invited me for a homecooked dinner with his wife! how nice is that. seriously.

so, in short, drasp is a hell of a guy doing great work.

Mine gets back tomorrow with those new switches as well, I can't wait. I love the looper on it, I barely even use the delay.

Archived