CLIP: Toneczar Openhaus

zygoat

• Members

That did sound pretty impressive for a pedal. What does the Reinhardt amp sound like by itself? Was it set on super clean, or was there some amp breakup as well?

Yeah it was set to as clean as I can get it with humbuckers. I just realized that my amp settings were all jacked up too, the treble and mid are both on 8 and the bass is on 3. oops! Wasn't paying attention.

thanks for listening

• Members

zygoat--serious question--do you see ANY reason to own the pedal if you're not playing HARDCORE BROOTZ with it ALL the time? I might cancel my order and try the Dove instead.

It is very aggressive. So far, I see it excelling at the chugga stuff, and cock rocky lead playing. Me personally, the sole purpose of getting this was to get back into working on my heavier songs because they've been sitting on the back burner for too long and I feel the pedal will spark up my motivation again.

I hear the Dove is super versatile and can get heavy enough if you need it to, but excels at low gain. That might be better for you!

edit: keep in mind this clip is in drop C with blatant chug. It's all in what you put into it.

Wow--that's as clean as it gets?

Nah, I was just saying I set the amp to as clean as it could get. The gain knob on the pedal was at about 65%

• Members
no
:)

clip sounded great! hey post that old heavy song you did...that {censored} was so {censored}ing good...

hehe, that was when i was getting rid of all my mic's when I had Snax-FX gas, didn't think I was going to do anything but direct recording.:cry:

I'm not sure which one you're talking about but this one is my high point, plus it features my lame attempt at cookie monster vocals!

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=630564&songID=4699345

• Members

Sounds about right. The only thing I didn't like the openhaus was how dark it sounded which is pretty evident in your clip. It sounded like that but I wanted more presence out of it which I couldn't get without making it sound thin. The dove is perfect though.

Yeah, it's a little on the "dark" side, it works out though. It sounds chewy:o

• Members

Sounds alright for a pedal. I dunno... for that amount of money you're not too far from getting into some pretty decent tube heads.

True...

If I were to get a high gain amp it would be an older 2 channel recto and/or a Splawn Quick Rod, but I have to stick to neighbor friendly amps.

• Members

zygoat, that sounded great! But you posting this didn't help my growing anticipation for my Reinhardt! :( I don't know if I can keep my head together for the next 6 weeks or so waiting for Bob to make mine!

I'm not a "brootalz" type a guy, but the ability to get there on occasion has me real excited. It will sure be different than the Fenders I've been playing for the last 3 decades.

When are you going to post a Goodsell 7 clip. On paper, that sounds like the perfect bedroom and recording amp!

• Members

Sounds alright for a pedal. I dunno... for that amount of money you're not too far from getting into some pretty decent tube heads.

I have 3 very decent tube amps, yet I still use an Openhaus. My 5150 is sitting in storage right now, as I don't have enough room to keep 2 large combo amps at my house.

I use my Lone Star as my main amp, and the Openhaus is my main heavy distortion. It's a super versatile setup...and it sounds bad ass.

Archived