Who makes an analog delay with tap tempo?

chuckmoose

• Members

I like the echo park like loobs said... It's nice for certain things and analog/tape is the thing I like best about it. However, IMO no amount of digital features can approximate the sound and feel of having a real analog delay pedal at your feet.

I haven't owned one yet, but I've played with enough of my buddy's Memory Men to be able to say this comfortably, no line 6 emulation really captures the sound of an analog delay--it comes close, but there is a degree of clarity that is lost in their modelling. The difference is not unlike having a blanket over your amp--way more subtle. The line 6 can get you through in a pinch though.

I guess what I'm saying is for like a few dollars more then the Echo Park you could get yourself a carbon copy and really do the analog sound--which is what I'm going to be doing here as soon as I can manage to get the funds together.

• Members

I like the echo park ...

I guess what I'm saying is for like a few dollars more then the Echo Park you could get yourself a carbon copy and really do the analog sound

I have a Carbon Copy and a vintage Memory Man, so I know the general sound I am looking for. I just need a few more features... I thought about trying to mod a nice delay with an expression pedal output instead of the delay time pot, but I prefer the tap tempo thing.

So, Malekko huh?

• Members

However, IMO no amount of digital features can approximate the sound and feel of having a real analog delay pedal at your feet.

See, this is the kind of analog fetishism that just seems silly to me. It's more like "even a digital pedal that sounds exactly the same, has more features, and costs less is no good because I just want analog dammit." That's dumb.

• Members

See, this is the kind of analog fetishism that just seems silly to me. It's more like "even a digital pedal that sounds exactly the same, has more features, and costs less is no good because I just want analog dammit." That's dumb.

I have yet to hear an "analog voiced" digital delay that sounds truly analog...sorry...very good sounding, but not analog sounding.

• Members

I have yet to hear an "analog voiced" digital delay that sounds truly analog...sorry...very good sounding, but not analog sounding.

I guess I'm just not very picky about delays. If people really hear a difference, it's one I can't pick up. I think my BYOC digital and even my 10-series ibanez digital sound gorgeous.

• Members
I guess I'm just not very picky about delays. If people really hear a difference, it's one I can't pick up. I think my BYOC digital and even my 10-series ibanez digital sound gorgeous.

I'm not baggin on digital delays...i love them...i use them for different things...like hearing the full spectrum of a synth.:love:

• Members

It isn't fetishism if there clearly is a tonal difference... If you can't hear it then it's cake. I can so I care...

Digital delays have there place too. I just like my guitar to have a strange kind of animal character when I play it so I stick with stuff that is kinda whacky at times.

• Members

Like some have said there is nothing wrong with digital delays but the difference in delays, both analog and digital can be very unsubtle. Just the fact that a delay is analog doesn't mean I am going to like it. It seems like a delay would just echo what you put in, but that's not all that happens by any means. I am hoping to find the right combination of tone and features.

Archived