WOT: Tornadoes

• Members

For anyone who has suffered the wrath of a real tornado, or who've had loved ones who died or suffered from one, I intend no disrespect.

I frequently have dreams about tornadoes, usually about once every two weeks or so. I'm not sure why, as I've never seen one in person. The dreams are usually very vivid and real. Anyways, they fascinate me endlessly, so I felt compelled to post some pics for those of you who also find them fascinating...

Please post more pics :wave:

multiple_tornadoes.jpg

f5-tornado.jpg

0.jpg

tornadoes.jpg

18.jpg

tornado.jpg

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
For anyone who has suffered the wrath of a real tornado, or who've had loved ones who died or suffered from one, I intend no disrespect.

I frequently have dreams about tornadoes, usually about once every two weeks or so. I'm not sure why, as I've never seen one in person. The dreams are usually very vivid and real. Anyways, they fascinate me endlessly, so I felt compelled to post some pics for those of you who also find them fascinating...

I'm the same way, I think the Tornado has become some kind of universal (well, for US citizens anyway) archetype for "destruction".

If you were a follower of Tarot (I'm not either, I just have a bunch of useless knowledge) you'd view destruction as being synonymous with "change".

Maybe you're unconsciously yearning for change? I dunno, this isn't where this post was supposed to go...

OK, STARTING OVER.

I have dreams about Tornadoes as well. To be honest, I think they're the only thing in the world that frightens me. I've always been one to be very critical of phobias and irrational fear, but I am afraid of tornadoes.

Not storms in general: just tornadoes.

In all honesty, I suppose you could call a fear of tornadoes a "rational" fear, being that they're incredibly powerful and destructive forces of nature that can't in any way be controlled, but I digress.

I even got a little spooked in "Twister: the ride" in universal studios. :idk:

• Members

Change. That's pretty apropos for me.

My older sister also has frequent tornado dreams. Strange. Living in Florida probably exacerbates our fears too.

I agree. Florida does help that's for sure.

At least we're not in Alabama or somewhere where they get 150 tornadoes a year on average.

• Members

I agree. Florida does help that's for sure.

At least we're not in Alabama or somewhere where they get 150 tornadoes a year on average.

Try living in Arkansas. Last few years have been BRUTAL!! I've personally laid eyes on 3 tornados and more funnal clouds. ITs pretty regular here. No photos though:cry: The last thing your thinking about is "photo op" when a 'nado is near (at least for me).

Archived