WOT: Tornadoes

• Members

We had some waterspout/tornado warnings here in Orange County, CA a few weeks ago. My coworker stepped outside to snap a pic or two:

22345_305063247264_557687264_456195.jpg

It's rare we see this stuff out here.

Ruby's Diner on the pier at Huntington Beach. :thu:

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

video taken from inside a convenience store in Joplin Missouri on 5/22. The video is pretty much nonexistent, but the audio is truly frightening. Tornado gets there at about 1:20. The people in the store ended up going inside the store's walk in deep freeze, which is probably what saved them.

• Members

^ wow, that's intense.

Yeah, it sounds like it was pretty terrifying. I have seen a couple tornadoes but never up closer than probably a mile or so off. I can't imagine, hearing that audio, what it must be like to actually have to take cover through one like that.

• Members

Under the current circumstances, it's almost offensive.

Surely a two year old post can't be offensive to "current" circumstances.

Prayers go out to everyone in Joplin. Just found out that Glory Days Music, my favorite guitar store in Joplin, was totally razed. Additionally, the owner's house was destroyed.

• Members

video taken from inside a convenience store in Joplin Missouri on 5/22. The video is pretty much nonexistent, but the audio is truly frightening. Tornado gets there at about 1:20. The people in the store ended up going inside the store's walk in deep freeze, which is probably what saved them.

[video=youtube;W-P4P68YyNM]

The aftermath is just as shocking as the original footage. Imagine surviving the tornado and then having to dig and crawl your way out only to be surrounded by destruction.

Archived