WOT: Tornadoes

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Tornadoes in dreams

* An overwhelming or destructive situation in real life, most likely out of the dreamer's control

* A feeling or fear of being taken advantage of or victimized, especially suddenly or in an unpredictable way

Doesn't look good for you 4ever...

• Members

One went directly over my house a year and a half after Katrina :facepalm:. They're pretty rare in New Orleans too. It was way scarier than any hurricane because there's no warning. Hurricanes spawn tornadoes though. It was definitely one of the scariest moments of my life. I still get scared when the wind starts blowing haha.

• Members
It was weird because me and my pops were out in the backyard sort of watching everything, and all of a sudden I see this cloud that kinda starts moving fast, and moving in a circular motion towards the ground but its not "cyclonic" neccesarily... and he goes "holy {censored}! look over there, get in the house!" and its coming right for us.. House shakes...lights go out.. and within seconds... it was over... but by far a scary experience.. dont wanna do it again.
:confused:

Wow! I'm glad you made it out okay, but what a thing to witness so closely.

• Members
That must have been amazing! I'll bet those don't happen very often there.

no, it's the only time I've ever seen one...it was around 1990 and I've never seen anything like it since, we just sat and looked at it for ages.....thinking "wtf is that!?" :lol:

• Members

Don't know if it's been stated already or not...I suppose it's just a personal thing, but. The two times that I've actually seen tornado/funnel cloud type things, they scared the {censored} out of me. And they were both minor ones.

Everyone is kind of mystified by them, and the pictures and video do look awesome. But once you're face to face with them, you wish you had never seen it...that's me, anyway. :rolleyes:

• Members

June 11, 2008. My wife and I had just gotten back from our honeymoon a few days before, and were moving into her Manhattan, KS, apartment (out of my apartment 30 miles down the road). That night, after working all day to pack up some more stuff to move, we decided to go to Topeka (an hour away) for dinner and a movie. Coming back, we turned on the radio and discover that a tornado was heading toward our home. We decided to stop in my old apartment and wait it out. After a while, we ended up sleeping there on the floor of my empty living room all night.

Next day, we come home to this:
3297443.jpg

Tornado ripped the roof completely off of the apartment building. Our dog was downstairs in her kennel. Aside from being wet and scared, she was totally okay. Lost a lot of furniture and two laptops, as well as a good amount of our wedding information- lists for thank yous, addresses, etc... Luckily, my acoustic guitar and a small PA system were OK.

Bottom line is that tornadoes are nasty business. I can't imagine what would have happened had we been home that night...

• Members

I still remember to this day a tornado that I saw when I was 5 years old. I was out with my parents driving to the store and then for some reason we pulled up to the mall and had to get out of the car. My dad pulled me out of the car, through me up on his shoulders and began running to the mall entrance. That is when I saw it. It was still a ways away at that point, but it sure was an experience. Apparently it stopped a pretty short distance away from where we were.

When I was in middle school I saw a funnel cloud form while I was on the bus on my way home. Thankfully it never touched down, but man that sky was greener than any sky I have ever seen.

• 11 months later...

Archived