First Wah...what to get..

• Members

I've been trying to listen to a lot of youtube reviews, but I get confused.

From what I can tell from these vids, I seem to like the VOX wah.

Should I be looking at others. I also like the Fulltone Clyde, but a lot more money, but I could wait and save up if it's worth it.

Any other suggestions?

• Members

I've been through a few wahs, never really happy with any of them. First a Boss PWA or whatever it is. Digital, some ok sounds. Would avoid though. Next a Dunlop Crybaby with fasel. Ok, but still harsh on the higher end. Then a Vox Clyde McCoy wah - not a huge improvement over the Crybaby. Then a Teese Picture wah. Certainly a better wah. I wished it was more vocally sounding though, or adjustable, and this model isn't.

Now, I have a Wilson Effects Q-wah. Best wah to date. I'm really digging it. It makes a really nice vocally, guteral, beast sounds if you like it, but the highs are not piercing. I'm sure they can if you want them to be, because this wah is quite tweakable. Also has an LED so you know it's on. Volume boost too. And the owner is a forumite here as well. I like it a lot, I finally have a wah, that I really like. $165, not cheap, not uber expensive either, but definitely worth it.

• Members
are the one's with True Bypass better? Don't know much about effects.

I've been listening to some of Gearmandude's demo's and I really liked the Crybaby Classic too.

:confused:

I had a Crybaby Classic I won in a raffle here awhile ago . . . I didn't get along with it. I thought the bypass was horrible and it had a vicious volume drop when on, so I gave it to a friend to play around with. It works perfectly for him and he loves it. :idk:

• Members

If I had cash to buy a new wah, I'd probably go with Wilson, because he's here and seems wicked cool. I don't know what his policy on returns and stuff is, but I get the feeling if you HATED what you got, he'd make you happy.

Unfortunately, I'm broke. So I use the used George Dennis WahWah I got for $40. It has a great buffered bypass and sounds like a cross between the Crybaby Classic and the Vox Clyde Wah.

• Members

If I had cash to buy a new wah, I'd probably go with Wilson, because he's here and seems wicked cool. I don't know what his policy on returns and stuff is, but I get the feeling if you HATED what you got, he'd make you happy.

Unfortunately, I'm broke. So I use the used George Dennis WahWah I got for $40. It has a great buffered bypass and sounds like a cross between the Crybaby Classic and the Vox Clyde Wah.

:thu:If you don't like it return it and try another if you would like. Thanks for the props it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy!! I like Fuzzy!!!

Archived