John Frusciante vs Graham Coxon

KnewMono

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

it's like peanut butter and jelly......both are great, both are different.

coxon is a better dresser.

frusciante has a better vintage guitar collection.

i'd disagree there! :wave:

i've seen coxon play some amazing old guitars

• Members

Can someone post some of Coxon playing that they appreciate? I'm not familiar with his music, although I probably should be.

Frusciante does a lot of blues noodling. Can't say that I was terribly impressed.

• Members

Sorry but I can really get what's the link between coxon and frusciante? Once is mainly a funky-blues influenced guitarist the other one more "experimental" and known for strange/weird effects. One plays/has played in essentialy a rock-pop-funky band the other in one of what is called brit pop. It's like who is better al di meola or jimi hendrix?

The second thing I don't understand is why lot of you are throwing s*/t on frusciante even if I must admit it's pretty common round here (see santana,the edge, greenwood and many others). I mean, assuming that's all about personal taste and anyone can like/dislike his playing, objectively IMO can't be said that he's a bad player. Certainly not the best guitarist on earth but still a great musical feeling, really melodic on solos and great choice of effects (never abused IMO despite his titanic board). Sometimes I read such silly comments that I can't understand if it's just envy or some of you are the greatest guitarists ever seen. Anyway this is just my feeling and didn't want to hurt anybody with these words and want to excuse in advance if anyone feels hurted.

• Members

Sorry but I can really get what's the link between coxon and frusciante? Once is mainly a funky-blues influenced guitarist the other one more "experimental" and known for strange/weird effects. One plays/has played in essentialy a rock-pop-funky band the other in one of what is called brit pop. It's like who is better al di meola or jimi hendrix?

The second thing I don't understand is why lot of you are throwing s*/t on frusciante even if I must admit it's pretty common round here (see santana,the edge, greenwood and many others). I mean, assuming that's all about personal taste and anyone can like/dislike his playing, objectively IMO can't be said that he's a bad player. Certainly not the best guitarist on earth but still a great musical feeling, really melodic on solos and great choice of effects (never abused IMO despite his titanic board). Sometimes I read such silly comments that I can't understand if it's just envy or some of you are the greatest guitarists ever seen. Anyway this is just my feeling and didn't want to hurt anybody with these words and want to excuse in advance if anyone feels hurted.

100% freaking CORRECT......grazie mille my italian brother.

• Members

I would say from my user name that I may be SLIGHTLY biased, but I think I'll go with John. :thu::lol:

As much as I wanted to get into Blur, I never got past Coffee & TV really. Granted, that's one of my favorite songs, and I built a copy of Milky after seeing the video, but what other songs should I check out?

• Members

100% freaking CORRECT......grazie mille my italian brother.

I love you Bobby!oh and just to say I've checked some of your video and demos on youtuve and wow!You're really a great player IMO!I really dig your playing!

• Members

I love you Bobby!oh and just to say I've checked some of your video and demos on youtuve and wow!You're really a great player IMO!I really dig your playing!

viva italia!!!! :thu:

well, i'm half italian -- my father and all his family is from calabria, we have olive groves and goats down there. GOATKEEPING!!!! old school style.

the other half of me is cherokee indian.

• Members

viva italia!!!!
:thu:

well, i'm half italian -- my father and all his family is from calabria, we have olive groves and goats down there. GOATKEEPING!!!! old school style.

the other half of me is cherokee indian.

Yeah I know!I can feel your italian blood:thu:

• Members

and i got a LOT of love for the peppers. a lot of respect for them for CLEANING UP and getting their lives together. flea and anthony are good guys, and are doing the right thing. god bless them. "under the bridge" is a REAL, raw, and completely awesome song......that could not have been written unless you had been there and done that.

i'm just so much more of a britpop fan. anglophile supreme. {censored}, i used to listen to the BBC on shortwave when i was a kid in the 70s. my parents used to make fun of me and tell me "well why don't you just MOVE to england, then?"

Archived