I need a phase pedal

• Members

I am in the market for a phase pedal for under $200. I play a combination of rock/indie/melodic/progressive/experimental. I am aware of the MXR phase 90, EVH phase 90, and Small Stone. Other than that I don't know much about any others and just between those I am kind of torn. Some suggestions and opinions would be helpful.

• Members

Big box small stone, subdecay quasar, or an analogman modded small stone will do it.

You might be able to find a maxon ph-350 for under $200. Ultimate in phasing, switchable stages and a good amount of control. Really hi fi type of phaser.

• Members

The Moog phaser is by far the best phaser I've ever tried, and I've bought 3 now for $200 used, so if you're willing to go to the top of your budget for a used pedal, I would highly recommend the Moog. If you'd rather keep it under instead of AT $200, I would say the next best bet is any Small Stone out of the Analogman one, the one in the bigger box, or the nano.

• Members

my favorites (all can be had under $200)

H.B.E. Psilocybe (i may be selling mine soon)
Ross Phaser (i may be getting one soon)
Boss Ph-1r
Subdecay Quasar
Earthquaker Grand Orbiter

i used to have the regular reissue phase 90.... hated it. Apparently the new ones sound better, the script logo one and the handwired one... i hope they do, cause it's a classic pedal and the one i had just sounded so nasty.

• Members

Aw man, I didn't even know this existed. I checked out the PGS demo and it seems to sound great! The price is pretty good, with the features it has.

Anyway, out of the phasers I have tried for

Yeh this has really caught my eye as well, how does it compare to the Retro-sonic?

Archived