The Informers - 2nd worst movie ever?

hangwire

• Members

I'd say so... WTF... it could have been called "a disjointed plot about 80s douchbags and AIDS" and then at least started a clut following for honesty in long titled films...

but still not bad enough to beat the self indulgent, trying too hard, bad story and dialogue of Magnolia

• Members

I strongly disagree on your assessment of Magnolia. PTA is the humblest director you will ever meet, and a genius at that. A little cooky, sometimes ornery, but NEVER pretentious.

Kevin Smith famously said that Magnolia was the most self worshiping film he had ever seen. A year or so later, after forums and Smith fans had propagated a "feud" between the directors, Kevin bumped into PTA at a doctor's office. He said Paul was completely different than he expected, and even warmly complimented Kevin on Dogma. After leaving Smith went to a store and bought a dvd of Magnolia.

• Members

I strongly disagree on your assessment of Magnolia. PTA is the humblest director you will ever meet, and a genius at that. A little cooky, sometimes ornery, but NEVER pretentious.

Kevin Smith famously said that Magnolia was the most self worshiping film he had ever seen. A year or so later, after forums and Smith fans had propagated a "feud" between the directors, Kevin bumped into PTA at a doctor's office. He said Paul was completely different than he expected, and even warmly complimented Kevin on Dogma. After leaving Smith went to a store and bought a dvd of Magnolia.

the director may be great, the MOVIE was crap...

• Members

You're all wrong. The worst movie in recent memory is The Room. Of course, it's awesomly bad, so it's actually quite entertaining...

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

...basically, imagine a modern Ed Wood that was inspired by A Street Car Named Desire and was a also European immigrant.

• Members

i don't know anything about this movie. but i've read all of Brett Easton Ellis' books The Informers is a collection of short stories involving many of his recurring characters. If you don't know about his writing style, he uses recurring characters that are all somehow connected. Sean from "rules of attraction" and Patrick from American Psycho are brothers. Sean goes to the same school as some of the characters in Less Than Zero. etc, etc...it's not his strongest book.

• Members

i don't know anything about this movie. but i've read all of Brett Easton Ellis' books The Informers is a collection of short stories involving many of his recurring characters. If you don't know about his writing style, he uses recurring characters that are all somehow connected. Sean from "rules of attraction" and Patrick from American Psycho are brothers. Sean goes to the same school as some of the characters in Less Than Zero. etc, etc...it's not his strongest book.

I love it. more than american psycho (which is saying a lot).

i liked magnolia a lot too. by far PT Anderson's worst film, but not THAT bad overall.

• Members

I love it. more than american psycho (which is saying a lot).

i liked magnolia a lot too. by far PT Anderson's worst film, but not THAT bad overall.

i've read/own them all except for Lunar Park, unless he's done something since.

American Psycho is my favorite. How something can be so graphic and funny at the same time is beyond me. I can see how it is a difficult read with all the narrative and brand name drops. Rules of Attraction is my second favorite.

• Members

American Psycho is my favorite. How something can be so graphic and funny at the same time is beyond me. I can see how it is a difficult read with all the narrative and brand name drops.

yeah. after awhile I just started skimming over all the descriptions of clothes...i understood why he did it, but it just got exhausting after awhile.

• Members

how bad a movie is relative to what it was aiming for...

2 fast 2 furious aims for pointless entertainment of mentally challenged males who subscribe to car magazines and hang out in malls.

some are filled with great potential via great script and director and are completely destroyed by bad acting like Kubricks "Eyes Wide Shut" ugh...what a steaming pile that was...

Magnolia aimed very high...perhaps didn't quite hit the mark, but was a great film despite its short comings.

• Members
how bad a movie is relative to what it was aiming for...
2 fast 2 furious aims for pointless entertainment of mentally challenged males who subscribe to car magazines and hang out in malls.

QUOTE]

I agree, I guess that is my point with the rating of Informers

but I disagree, Magnolia is way worse than Eyes Wide Shut... I saw them on back to back days in the theater...

But everyones taste is different I suppose

Archived