Protone in red. 75 made

Nepune in purple. 12 made

XT Shadow. 666 made

SE-1XE in blue. 30 made

Metasonix TX-1 #16 of 20

Metasonix TM-1SE #23 of 25

• Members

P1070683a.jpg

Nord Lead 1, autographed by 2004 members of Berlin (Terri, Mitchell, Chris, Dallan), as used by Mitchell Sigman on the "Voyeur" album and "Intimate" DVD. Used in VH1's "Band's Reunited" show, where Berlin founding member John Crawford played it - you see it on-screen several times. I bought it directly from Mitchell. He even left his patches in it for me.

:D

• Members

Well, I have a Fozz Clean Machine volume pedal, covered in red fuzz - gotta love the old Foxx stuff.

My Nord Lead2R was loaned to DJ Fivolous for a local show and I got him to autograph it...

Only really rare thing I own is an old acoustic guitar from the late 30's. It was apparently one of the last 2 made in the Holzapfel shop in Baltimore, and had not quite been completed when Mr. Holzapfel died. The dealer I bought it from added tuners and a bridge. I bought it in 1995, so basically I bought a new-from-the-dealer 55+ year old guitar. 00 size, very sweet sound, red spruce and brazilian rosewood. Great for playing on the couch.

Edit: Looking around, I saw more stuff...

Z. Vex Low Fi Loop Junky #50....

Brian Moore I88.5 Midi Guitar. This guitar has a Midiaze system built in, so it has a true 5 pin midi jack in it. Tracks pretty well.

Drfuzz

• Members

1975 K3 Maxi-Korg. One of Korg's (called Keio back then) first synths.

Forefront Technology's Patch Commander Plus, from about 15 years ago. This is something I actually use all the time, and I don't understand why someone doesn't make something similar today. It's a little hand-held 10 key pad with MIDI whose primary function is sending out program changes. It's a MIDI merger too so you can insert it anywhere into your MIDI stream without losing your connection to your sequencer or controller. Very handy.

• Members

2 Modulus MonoWave prototypes. One used by me, the other used by the designer and builder Paul Maddox himself. And I got one from the production run.

monowave-rack-small.jpg

Another special is the EEH DS500 and one of the 4 Waldorf Blofeld prototypes that were on display at the Frankfurt Musik Messe 2007.

But the most unique thing is a self build Minimoog housing made from beechwood. And there is a ribbon bender build in. And the very good Lintronic midi interface with the build in additional LFO.

mmls.jpg

mmf.jpg

• Members

A friend and I built two SID Station Rack units:

SIDGuts.jpg

Aeon has one of them...

I'm currently building a heavily modified ASM-2 system with the addition of a couple of Mankato filters, Zorlon Cannon, MOTM 440, with Davies knobs and banana jacks (ala Serge.)

• Members

Probably the rarest musical item I own is a white mid-60's Vox guitar-organ. It's one of those weird-shaped Phantom style guitars with the ability to play guitar and organ sounds. It's a bitch to play and weighs a ton (40 lbs in the hardshell case). More of a collectors item than a player. Although I'm thinking of selling it to help finance a new Korg M3.

Also a Casio PG380 midi guitar synth. Strat-styled guitar with built-in Casio VZ synth module and midi output. Actually a pretty cool instrument. I also have the VZ10M module I've used as a workstation to tweak sounds and load them into the back of the guitar on a ram card.

Kawai K5000R - I don't know if these qualify as rare, but I had a hell of a hard time finding one.

Oberheim Cyclone - early midi arpeggiator with unique features.

• Members

207988379-M-1.jpg

207988381-M.jpg

Nishikawa Organ

Nippon Gakki Seizo Kabushiki Kaisha Yokohama Factory

This type of reed organ would have been common in Japanese schools until the mid 50s (or even 60s in rural areas.) It was made around 1925. Nippon Gakki Seizo Kabushiki Kaisha (Nippon Gakki) merged with its competitor, Yamaha Organ a few years later.

I had it in storage for 9 years, but it's still all there. I plan on regluing it and rebuilding the bellows this summer.

Here's a link to a Japanese site with a few more:

http://www1.odn.ne.jp/katsuuraorgelbau/Organs-for-sale.html

Archived