rare and one of a kind items you own.

mytee2.0

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

fender strat -unique cause i took all the frets out and filled em-so its a fretless..and i put a humbucker emg in there...
another strat i stuck the "Charvel GTM-6 MIDI converter" in, and the rackmount GTM-6 I currently have hooked to my Darkstar II so I can play the darkstar with the strat. (I like the way strats play and feel and look...just not the way they sound)
A dean evo special pro II That I put a custom paint job on..note the "The New Voodoo" & TNV on it..that's my project/band/name
A custom pre-amp a friend built me using a bogen case/frame that's got a couple of sovtek tubes in it.
also a recent dual panel oil & canvas I did and 3 older oil/canvas pieces that i just got back from the K street gallery in DC where they were on display.
(if anyone wants to buy 'em...lemme know!hahahaha)
that's all the unique stuff i could easily photo in the apartment right now.

I used to have a lot more..a chroma, a chroma polaris, moog opus-3 with a bunch of mods, a moog satellite. etc but i sold 'em cause i was broke.

• Members

It must be impossible to play certain chords in tune. Your fingers would have to be in the exact right places.

i dunno. i dont have any problems. on the other hand, i dont play a lot of really complex bar chords, or i havent with that guitar.

the only odd sonic characteristic ive noticed (other than the standard slides and so forth as with a fretless bass) is that it sounds a lot deeper, and if i use any of the pickups except the active humbucker it's pretty muddy.

I dont know if this is just the guitar or b/c i took out the frets because i took them out almost immediately after i bought the guitar.

i used it with a digitech bass synth pedal on a song recently and it sounded super-cool. ill tell ya that much fer sure.

ill take a loo tomorrow and see if that song is up on itunes or myspace or something.

• Members

i dunno. i dont have any problems. on the other hand, i dont play a lot of really complex bar chords, or i havent with that guitar.

the only odd sonic characteristic ive noticed (other than the standard slides and so forth as with a fretless bass) is that it sounds a lot deeper, and if i use any of the pickups except the active humbucker it's pretty muddy.

I dont know if this is just the guitar or b/c i took out the frets because i took them out almost immediately after i bought the guitar.

i used it with a digitech bass synth pedal on a song recently and it sounded super-cool. ill tell ya that much fer sure.

ill take a loo tomorrow and see if that song is up on itunes or myspace or something.

Cool. I'd like to hear that too. Here's to old Ibanez Delays!!!! *cheers*

• Members

Cool. I'd like to hear that too. Here's to old Ibanez Delays!!!! *cheers*

yea, obviously im a fan. You can see 2 in that photo alone. I love the analog ones. That blackface analog delay rackmount is about a billion years old and beat all to hell from me dragging it to jams and gigs and everywhere else.

BUT -i love it. It's got the ins/outs in the front, which almost nothing has and i wish everything did, and it sounds incredible. i use it on almost every vocal i do, that or the ibanez HD. THe HD i have now (also in the photo) is the 5th ive bought (kinda an achievement since it was discontinued 7 years before I bought it the first time), i REALLY used to run that rackmount like a total bitch-24/7 365-no holidays and no breaks.

Back when i was doing industrial stuff I used it for everything, but most of all for the vocals-so I could get a litle pitch-shift and retain some clarity when I added the gain (a la Ministry (mind-era), Godflesh, and pitchshifter)

I keep thinking Ill do an LP or something with a few industrial songs and tune all the guitars down to D again, limber up my fingers and write/record some killer industrial music. But i never get around to it. I need to find someone to collaborate with me on it, but no one remembers those bands around here. Most of them weren't all that big when they were around, much less nowadays.

• Members

The dog is actually very friendly, just wants to eat & play. He got all worked up chasing bottle rockets (he loves them), and I got a lucky shot of him right as he made a lunge for one that shot off right before he could pick it up.

For Christmas I gave my son a shirt with the photo of his dog on it, and labelled it "Dog ate my homework"

• Members

all i have is a univox sr-120 (korg minipops 12), it says korg on the outside, and when you open it up it has a korg logo and the univox sr-120 logo as well. used to have a micro-rythmer 12.

my friend has all the cool toys...
taurus pedals
prophet 5 rev 2
spiderman the movie les paul custom shop guitar (limited to 12 made)
my old micro rythmer
arp 2600
ms-20 (i know not that rare at all but still cool)

and in the past she had
an eml 100
a late 60's mosrite ventures guitar

and a guy i met has a pre-production serial number dual manual prophet 10 with the innards of a prophet 5 rev 1 and completely non-standard wiring. shame as it doesn't work and there isn't any wiring diagram or specs for it anywhere so unless dave smith decides to fix it it will stay broken probably.

• Members

Other oddities & Cool stuff:

Korg MS-20
Ibanez AD202 Analog Delay
Ibanez UE400 Analog Effects
2x Electrix Filter Factory
2x Electrix MoFX
Future Retro FR-777
Music Man Cutlass I
Roland TR-808
Akai Unibass
Akai Deep Impact
ProCo R2DU Dual Rat Rack
'68 Gibson SG Jr.
Casio CT-410v (Analog/Sample Casio!!) Filter kills.

I love my rig.

Archived