mytee2.0

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Damn you, Bryce!
:)

Hey - spend 25 years in the MI industry...you'll have gear like that too... :D

It's really pretty much the best perk, IMO...along with the knowledge that I helped design and program some way fun toys that have been used to make a lot of excellent music. :cool:

BTW, I find it interesting that Dave kept P08 #1, but not PEK #1.

They don't mean that much to him, honestly. Guess when you can just think of one of these things and build it by hand it must not be that big a deal. :eek:

He kept P'08 00001 (which is an SE unit - mine's actually the first non SE unit) because he thought this was gonna be a big deal. Also, mine and his are the only two P'08s Dave built by hand - #00003 is the first production unit.

I believe the only other units of his that he kept were the very last P5 and a T8.

Did Dave keep Evo #1?

No idea.

dB

• Members
img8840smljn3.jpg

Touch controls on a DX7.

Pull up a preset and go realtime control with it.

Only one ever made.

img8699bxs7.jpg

My son's dog is sort of a one-of-a-kind.

Eeeek, mon! The devil dog is scary but the ghost playing the DX7 is really freaking me out!

What's the story on the DX7, by the way?

• Members

Nothing musically, but....

I do own David Carradine's jacket from the film "The long Riders" (the one he wears to the bar just before the knife fight).

One heavy wool US Army coat worn in the film "Battle of the Bulge"

and finally I have a complete postal Rider uniform from the movie "The Postman" (Hat, jacket, pants, mailbag)

Mick

• Members
dx1

mean green machine ( 89 of 100 )

Two of the first fifty Chromas ( built by the arp team before the takeover)

A few other goodies that are uncommon but not quite rare( CS80, voyetra eight etc )

NICE! :)

• Members
FLATOP MAke I freaking video of that thing! NOW please

how much did it cost and where didi you get it?

do you use it much??

Can i have it for free?

I no longer own it.

How much and where? It's best that I don't divulge every secret that I have. I offer more than my share of information to this community for free.

Sure, you can have it for free if you can convince the current owner, of which I have no idea because it went through a middle broker. Though the huge amount of wealth you have managed to amass through your cult members should put you in a position to offer a solid current market price. ;)

• Members

I also own red and blue Apex stands. One-offs from Ultimate Supports (well, realistically there are probably about 5 each in existance).

Back when the Apex first came out in about 1987, I wanted to get one and went to my local mom & pop music store that is now long out of business. The only Apex they had was a metallic teal blue one. It was pretty heinous, but it was the '80s. I wanted a black one, but the owner told me it could be 6-8 weeks before they got the black ones in stock. So they cut me a deal on the teal one and I used it for maybe 6 months. I have some photos of it somewhere. I actually spray painted it because the teal was just not to my liking. Then I discovered Invisible brand stands and that changed my life forever.

Archived