Reniassance of the Stratocaster

• Members

So, I started playing my first guitar again, an MIM strat (with a few mods), and I'm coming to two conclusions:

1. Strats ugly as hell

2. Strats are the best

I'm currently loving my strat vintage trem significantly more than my Bigsby on my tele.

The only real question left is why they have to look so stupid.

The world may never know.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My guess? Dean said no'd.
:)

Nah, I decided to tough it out, but mark my words, once I get my BA, I'm sooo getting a doctorate from some place in a strip mall. Just to be a dick.

Not to put on my resume, or buisness card, but to hang in my office and be a total dick to anyone that calls me Mr. Jrkirkish.

Do you know why I pulled you over, Mr. Jrkirkish?

Actually, that's DOCTOR Jrkirkish.

/Ivory Tower'd

Nah, I decided to tough it out, but mark my words, once I get my BA, I'm
sooo
getting a doctorate from some place in a strip mall. Just to be a dick.

Not to put on my resume, or buisness card, but to hang in my office and be a total dick to anyone that calls me
Mr.
Jrkirkish.

Do you know why I pulled you over, Mr. Jrkirkish?

Actually, that's DOCTOR Jrkirkish.

/Ivory Tower'd

:lol: :phil:

• Members

a strat is THE ICONIC image of an electric guitar for me. They look great to me. especially the curves.

Tele's can't be trendy, they've been around since before trendy.

took me awhile to warm up to them. used to abhor teles when younger. I was only into the trendy stuff back then.

• Members

I'm not a huge fan of the shape either, although they look cool on bigger guitar players.

However at the same time I have a hard time imagining any other guitar shape that will look as good with those 3 single coils.

A CP strat is likely to be my next purchase (although it may be after an amp) :thu:

• Members

anyone who plays a bigsby is a moron. only danny gatton gets away with it.

every good player i can think of: duane allman, angus young, etc. the only way you could tell they had bigsbys is by the holes that show were they removed them.

• Members

I have gone through the last several years decrying Strats as ugly toys, but lately I've been coming around. For some reason, they are starting to look and feel better to me every time I see one or play one.

This is a big reversal for me. My next guitar purchase might even be a Strat. I never thought I'd say that.

• Members

You fail at taste ninjaaron. They are a wonderfully fashioned guitar. Elegant and balanced, with a design and flow that is consistent throughout, a perfect design. I do have one complaint about most Strats, and they often feel generic, simply for being copied and used so much as the universal image of an electric guitar, especially the old style with a rosewood fretboard. Being old, and beat to hell however amps the cool factor by about 8 million points on any strat.

No somebody go to the gravel thread to see the photoshop work I wasted twenty minutes on.

• Members

You fail at taste ninjaaron. They are a wonderfully fashioned guitar. Elegant and balanced, with a design and flow that is consistent throughout, a perfect design.

True.

But they still ugly.

But I still used it tonight for the kids at church.

• Members

anyone who plays a bigsby is a moron. only danny gatton gets away with it.

every good player i can think of: duane allman, angus young, etc. the only way you could tell they had bigsbys is by the holes that show were they removed them.

neil young??

Archived