The OFFICIAL Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lounge

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

that one shapes in distance song is still stuck in my head from earlier. you bastard. was it (the first track) perhaps recorded through one of these bad boys?

CTW?

the left guitar part was recorded through a 59 bassman ri, and the right guitar part was recorded with a vox ac30cc.

• Members

n7101544_32038987_2324.jpg

Microscopic pic is microscopic.

edit: apparently it grew

yeah CWT. Dude, much praise for that.

I dig that song too much. The "post rock*" project I have does some similar stuff, just with more delay.

*ambiguous genre

But either way, I like what you're doing.

• Members

you and i are gonna be hrd buddies!

i know lots of people look down upon the drive channel, but i dont get it.

im beginning to think that people who dont like the drive channel arent using it right...

i didn't have too much time with one (1/2 an hour) i'm sure given a bit of messing about i could get something out of the drive channel.

• Members

yeah CWT. Dude, much praise for that.

I dig that song too much. The "post rock*" project I have does some similar stuff, just with more delay.

*ambiguous genre

But either way, I like what you're doing.

thanks man. i have a hard time writing vocals for my songs but whatever. CTW was co-wrote with a friend of mine who used to play bass, then switched over to guitar and hes just naturally really really good and creative. we had fun writing that song.

chisa: yeah, people write it off really quickly. i think its a really good like gritty tone. it sounds really down home and raunchy and i love it. with good tubes and a little effort, im sure anyone could enjoy the drive channel.

but who needs it? turn up the normal channel!

• Members

you and i are gonna be hrd buddies!

i know lots of people look down upon the drive channel, but i dont get it.

im beginning to think that people who dont like the drive channel arent using it right...

I like the drive channels on these, just don't use too much gain.

Same with the reverb, it can sound good but just a touch, it goes to overkill easy.

IMO they are great sounding amps.

• Members

I like the drive channels on these, just don't use too much gain.

Same with the reverb, it can sound good but just a touch, it goes to overkill easy.

IMO they are great sounding amps.

yup. they are for cleans or scorching blues sounds or anything in between. if you want a marshall or mesa boogie tone, then buy one.

other tips. turn the mids down and use a fender guitar.

Archived