New Dirt Pedal....

companyman

• Members

I went to get a new dirt pedal today, thinking I was gonna get a Catalinbread Hyper-Pak or a Polysaturator or a Lovepedal or something boutique-ish. I spent the afternoon comparing all of those mentioned and whatever else was on hand at my local guitar shop....and for purely tonal reasons I came home with a Ibanez TS-9DX of all things! It just sounded so much better into my Orange Rocker-30 than any of the other more expensive trendy pedals. Just goes to show you, we should be listening more and reading less when it comes to effects!

• Members
I went to get a new dirt pedal today, thinking I was gonna get a Catalinbread Hyper-Pak or a Polysaturator or a Lovepedal or something boutique-ish. I spent the afternoon comparing all of those mentioned and whatever else was on hand at my local guitar shop....and for purely tonal reasons I came home with a Ibanez TS-9DX of all things! It just sounded so much better into my Orange Rocker-30 than any of the other more expensive trendy pedals. Just goes to show you, we should be listening more and reading less when it comes to effects!

First, the Hyper-Pak is neither expensive ($119) nor trendy. But I would have told you for an Orange you'd be better off with something other than a Hyper Pak.
:thu:

• Members

I use a Bad Monkey with my Rockerverb 50, after trying a BB Plus, Fulldrive 2, and a few other expensive ones to try to replace it. I actually don't own a single boutique pedal to be honest with you (excluding my recent purchase of a Teese wah).

Congrats on the NPD!

• Members

Shh. Stop talking about the Hyperpak. This pedal needs to remain a secret.

But yeah, if you're buying an orange, any dirt other than a "transparent" overdrive and/or boost pedal is really quite pointless. They'll inevitably lean towards frequencies which sit atop your sound rather than blend into it.

• Members
First, the Hyper-Pak is neither expensive ($119) nor trendy. But I would have told you for an Orange you'd be better off with something other than a Hyper Pak.

hey man...whoa...no offense! I actually think the Hyper-Pak is a very cool pedal indeed, wish I had the proper amp to rock with it! :thu:

• Members

Shh. Stop talking about the Hyperpak. This pedal needs to remain a secret.

But yeah, if you're buying an orange, any dirt other than a "transparent" overdrive and/or boost pedal is really quite pointless. They'll inevitably lean towards frequencies which sit atop your sound rather than blend into it.

I'm gonna try stacking the Dano TOD with the TS-9DX...we'll see what happens.

• Members

Marko really got on your tits with that Hipster thread, didn't he!? :lol:

• Members

I run a DX into a White Light then into a Polysaturator :poke: and together they all sound good :)

• Members

I wanted to run my Polysaturator through an Orange amp. I'm very curious about the Hyperpak though.

The Rocker30 did not get along very well with the Polysaturator, I wanted to like it, same with the Hyper-Pak, If I had a nice Fender, both of these would RAWK!

Archived