So U2 were pretty bloody amazing on Friday

Kid_A

• Members

My first ever gig was Popmart at Wembley Stadium in 1997, that blew my mind, it was so OTT, intense and extremely loud. Seen them again on the vertigo tour, but Bono had become too preach-y by then and the music was boring and the tour just wasnt anything specia, even the old songs sounded tiredl.

So after all this talk of the claw, i wasnt sure if this was going to be anygood.... i can probably say it was one of the best gigs I have ever seen, and only second to My Bloody Valentine for loudness... and hearing the unforgettable fire and ultraviolet live was worth the entry alone!

I appreciate a lot of people cannot stand them, their music and especially Bono... but they were back to their best, playing loud riffs that fill stadiums and making you wonder if its a gig or a trip to to Total Recall...

Anyone else going to/seen them on this tour?

Oh, elbow were good (shame they only played songs from the new album though) and my mates band the hours supported, very very weird seeing someone you have pints of guinness with on a 100ft screen playing guitar at Wembley...

Sorry for my crappy iphone pix...

The Hours

IMG_0325.JPG

Elbow

IMG_0344.JPG

U2

IMG_0354.JPG

IMG_0362.jpg

IMG_0364.jpg

IMG_0365.jpg

IMG_0367.JPG

IMG_0375.JPG

IMG_0381.jpg

:)

• Members

got a free vip ticket for tuesday so i'm going along.

i didn't rate them at all last tour but i'm hoping they'll provide the rock.

though saying that, my last 2 gigs were the boss so they've got A LOT to live up to.

• Members

yea its weird, seems people are forgiving bono for being a dick, and they are getting back to putting on great shows... i still reckon the new album is hit and miss though, but they have a zooropa style album out soon (they walk on to a song off it, sounded pretty good)... i just wish they would get experimental again.

Yea the last tour was crap... they looked and sounded bored... this show is gona knock your tities off

• Members

I like having my titties knocked off :o

The last tour my mate I was going with had a girlfriend that lived a few blocks from the stadium so we sat in her garden and polished off the best part of 2 cases of lager.

If that much booze doesn't make a show good then I don't even want to imagine how {censored} it would have been to see sober.

• Members

Saw Elevation from inside the catwalk, hung out with Adam by chance later at a British-themed bar in Minneapolis, where my girlfriend gave him her number (!) and he called her the next day while I was frying steaks. She invited him over for dinner, he declined. He then called another girl I've since met who was at that same bar... dude gets around.

• Members
elbow
:love:
i've only seen them once and it was a tiny club when Any Day Now was out. how is the new stuff? i have the 2nd album too

Yea I had seen them on the first album tour too, they didnt play anything off those first two albums :( what a shame... any day now and dont mix your drinks are two of elbows best songs!

Saw Elevation from inside the catwalk, hung out with Adam by chance later at a British-themed bar in Minneapolis, where my girlfriend gave him her number (!) and he called her the next day while I was frying steaks. She invited him over for dinner, he declined. He then called another girl I've since met who was at that same bar... dude gets around.

:love: hahah well he was engaged to naomi campbell for a while... must of been the drugs :idk:

Hopefully gonna see them next year when their tours second european leg starts.

Yea i heard about a second european leg... are they coming back to the UK again or?

• Members

yea its weird, seems people are forgiving bono for being a dick, and they are getting back to putting on great shows... i still reckon the new album is hit and miss though, but they have a zooropa style album out soon (they walk on to a song off it, sounded pretty good)... i just wish they would get experimental again.

Yea the last tour was crap... they looked and sounded bored... this show is gona knock your tities off

i thought nloth was experimental for them, it seemed like the album they have always wanted to make. that is wild that they played unforgettable fire and ultraviolet, some of my favs!

thanks for the cool thread:wave:

Archived