Getting tired of listening to pedal demos :(

LR Weizel

• Members

I hear you man. Problem is, most modern music has it's foundations in this music and it's more widely accepted in the mainstream. Plus, it's just easier to throw down a blues lick instead of composing something original for a pedal demo.

Could pedal demos be more original? Sure.

• Members

All pedals are starting to sound the same to me now :( A lot of this is down to the awful quality of Youtube demos... you can't tell the differnce anyway since the low and high end is lost... all you can tell is how much mids it has. Sometimes.

• Members

All pedals are starting to sound the same to me now
:(
A lot of this is down to the awful quality of Youtube demos... you can't tell the differnce anyway since the low and high end is lost... all you can tell is how much mids it has. Sometimes.

No low end :confused:

• Members

Would you post some original and tasty riffs on the internet for strangers to copy, use, and pawn off as their own?

that's being a bit paranoid don't you think? Who's listening to pedal demos looking for song ideas to claim as there own..... and has enough pull to make money off them?

• Members

I'll second the way you tube makes some pedals sound good/bad when they are not. I bought a blackstar HT high gain tube pedal played it for about 2 hours only to get metal zone sounds out of it.... and yes i a/b it with a stock metal zone. fastest return i ever made

• Members

More Spam (of self). But there's not much classic rock or blues going on in these..

[YOUTUBE]dJKNYRicVZY[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]AWOH5Zqv0pk[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]nwhzr-VbxUM[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]Da_0h7XOkOg[/YOUTUBE]

A little bit in this..

[YOUTUBE]xRvpJmpOaQA[/YOUTUBE]

And none at all in this. In fact the only pedal I used in this one was a Semaphore over the Thingamagoop synth. The space bubbles effect. Cool as.

[YOUTUBE]1IYhsh-HUDs[/YOUTUBE]

My other 112 videos are all riddled with the dreaded blues and classic rock. It's a hard monkey to shake.

• Members

All pedals are starting to sound the same to me now
:(
A lot of this is down to the awful quality of Youtube demos... you can't tell the differnce anyway since the low and high end is lost... all you can tell is how much mids it has. Sometimes.

That is why you have to get into the music shops and try out the gear YOURSELF! ;)

I will say though that I wish effect pedal demos would include tests with distorted tones as well as clean tones. And I mean some full-on high gain CRUNCH! Play some riffs, not just weedly-meedly-weedly.

Archived