Delays with FX loops- name them, rate them, fap over them-

Secret Seasons

• Members

I'm aware of... the Skreddy Echo, Moog MF104z, Analogman ARDX20, and Diamond Memory Lane 2. Probably missing a couple...

anyone know if the 919 will have a loop?

I also just noticed on the Diamond website that the DML2 MN3005 chip supply is running low. I didn't even realize it was using those... fap. :love:

I don't think I'm gonna plunk down the $$ for that or the Moog though, just too damned expensive. I think the Echo might finally be in my crosshairs...

so, whats your favorite? what do you put in your loops?

• Members
Are these loops that each repeat will go through again, so for instance if you have 3 repeats put through an octave shift the 1st repeat would be 1 up, 2nd 2 and 3rd three?

hrm i don't think so as that would take the delay and octave pedal sort of working as one--though that is one of the coolest ideas i've heard in a while. sort of taking the empress superdelay reverse octave up a few steps farther. nice :cool:

• Members
hrm i don't think so as that would take the delay and octave pedal sort of working as one--though that is one of the coolest ideas i've heard in a while. sort of taking the empress superdelay reverse octave up a few steps farther. nice
:cool:

I'm sure I read of something that did this, not sure how though. It would need to be just some repeats with no sound on sound delay to get it working.

You can build a box easily enough for any delay that has a full blend that goes wet to put fx in line after the repeats, but without the dry signal. Made one for my RE-20 once.

• Members

The only thing I wish they could figure out is how to get the external effect to start on the first repeat. With the Moog, and the Skreddy if I remember correctly, there is one dry repeat and the rest are altered by your external effect.
It's not always an inconvenience though, sometimes it can be better that way.

• Members

The only thing I wish they could figure out is how to get the external effect to start on the first repeat. With the Moog, and the Skreddy if I remember correctly, there is one dry repeat and the rest are altered by your external effect.

that's bizarre, i'd think the first repeat would be sent through the loop.

would moog customer service know?

• Members

hmm i didn't really think about zygoat's vid that way, i sort of took it as that was the way that the HOG's attack was flowing but I guess that would indeed be how it all works out

does anyone actually have the DML2? honestly the PGS demo of it makes the repeats sound really harsh--not what I'd expect from a MN3005 delay

• Members

I never thought of that, but that's how it works on ours and most others. That's because only the DELAY goes through the loop- the 1st time you play it, it's not a delay yet, it's just the dry sound. But that would work good with the octave, as you would hear the note you played first, then it will go up one octave each repeat.

We were screwing around with a Moog delay and a Moog ring mod/freqbox combo in the loop the other day - it sounded fantasticly strange. Liked it with the mix down about halfway - sounded like we were playing a song with a bizarre electronic orchestra following our chords around.

Archived