So I got a Boss HM-2

Secret Seasons

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

it has nothing to do with metal. it's a good drive pedal but i find to make it good for rhythm you need to pretty much dime the L knob. the other knob can be turned to taste since it has quite a bit of treble on tap to begin with. mine is also really quiet so if i want to get any feedback out of it i have to crank the drive and the level knobs. i dunno if my level knob is busted or something though.

• Members

indie cred +100 since it's bilinda butcher in a box. :)

anyway, it's relevant to my interest too. any chance of clips? i just find it exceptionally cool when it says heavy metal but music they play has got nothing to do with the genre. :D

by the way,

detail-comic-bringback80sspeedmetal.gif

• Members

It can function as a boost at lower gain or late 70's-style fuzzstortion from half-open to dimed settings. I recently tried the settings that Godflesh allegedly used (EQ knobs facing each other), and wasn't even in the same ballpark tonewise ... and I'm not quite getting Entombed, Dismember, et al with everything on 11. It would probably be helpful to have a more open-sounding clean channel. :o

If you are looking for black metal tones, the boost end of the spectrum will probably yield the best results. I would recommend a "reverse m/" knob arrangement for a "valnott-style" boost. :evil:m/

• Members

near mint, w/ box, $60. score. I have a horrible headache right now or I'd be checking it out already.

Should I be expecting awesomeness, or just more headache? Black metal here I come!!!
:lol:

great pedal

whatever the {censored} it is.

i bought mine new in the 80's

hated it for years

now i love me some hm 2

its not even remotely 'heavy' or 'metal'

but it's cool

Archived