can those behringer plastic pedals...

hosebeast

• Members

be re-housed? i have the pitch shifter, and i'm so afraid of breaking it. i would like to re-house it into something resembling one of those devi ever jawns, like the same enclosure as a TBD or rocket or something. can this be done? and if not, how come? i don't know the first thing about electronics, so i couldn't do this myself, but i really wouldn't mind investing a few bucks in this at all. i figure the switches would be the only problem, but one could just use the same switch as the ones on something like a dl-4. am i totally lost about this?

• Members

No problems at all. You can buy metal cases that are pre-drilled AND painted here... http://www.pedalpartsplus.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=PPP&Category_Code=DRI

Behringer does make some decent pedals as far as the electronics go. They could easily up their game and raise the price a little if they would put them in metal cases.

• Members

there's a video on youtube of a guy trying to break one (hitting it against things, not smashing it with a hammer) and it doesn't break. they're tougher than they look.

people say that they worry about the dano food series pedals breaking but i've never heard of one having problems with the enclosure.

so you've got three options it seems:

- buy the original that the behringer is a copy of.

- buy another behringer as a backup.

- do nothing, if you treat it normally* it'll be fine.

* being a behringer though, it'll probably crap out under normal conditions. i'd bet on it being the switch or other electronics rather than the enclosure though.

Archived