I still can't believe I watched "Watchmen" till the end

warioblast

• Members

It was actually better than I expected. Some really bad acting early on, way too much action scene posing overall, and a storyline that doesn't translate all that well to cinema, but still, it held my attention reasonably well.

For what it was I thought i was a good movie. Unfortunately, like you said, it's very difficult to make such an epic series and contain it in 3 hours.

• Members

is the directors cut longer? i feel like the movie could/shoulve been longer... or maybe done in two parts just to elaborate on the story more/better and add more to it. i loved the movie for sure! it just left me wanting more!

• Members

I didn't think it was horrible. But it was kinda sad that the best part of the movie by far was the opening credits. :poke:

Yup, that part was great. Really great. So great I almost forgot how {censored}ing awful 300 was. I think the director should have learned a lesson from that sequence, which is that when you actually, shudder, adapt a work for the screen in a cinematic fashion it works better than just clumsily copying every detail of the source material. That technique however did work in the other great part of the movie, the Mars sequence. I don't attribute this to him at all though, as the saying goes, a broken clock is right twice a day. Hahaha, ironic. Hurm. :lol:

• Members

watchmen-silk-spectre.jpg

"Sorry for making the movie come to a screeching halt every time I open my yap"

Hahahha.

Did you see it in the theater? When that sex scene came on my suspension of disbelief was completely trashed. Completely. Like, I was looking around the theater in wonderment, as if I expected Ashton Kutcher to show up and tell us we were all being Punk'd.

I cried out for help, and Zack Snyder said... "no".

• Members
watchmen-silk-spectre.jpg

"Sorry for making the movie come to a screeching halt every time I open my yap"

:lol: Very true. But I still liked the movie.

The opening credits was awesome. This flick and Zombieland are my fave opening credits of 2009... but Zombieland was better IMO.

• Members

Hahahha.

Did you see it in the theater? When that sex scene came on my suspension of disbelief was completely trashed. Completely. Like, I was looking around the theater in wonderment, as if I expected Ashton Kutcher to show up and tell us we were all being Punk'd.

I cried out for help, and Zack Snyder said... "no".

Definitely a few chuckles in the audience around me for that scene.

Archived