Hardwire production moved to China?

schenkadere

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, I'm sure nothing else you own was made in China.
:rolleyes:

Not pedals.

I don't really care...but it would make sense for a price drop.

Wasn't making a federal case about it...just mentioning that I think it sucks. Any production taken out of the States sucks...hope they maintain the quality.

Not sure how me owning anything from China has to do with the Hardwire line, but :rolleyes: back at ya.

• Members

Well, that's just capitalism. They did the same with the Bad Monkey etc - the early production runs were made in the US, and after a while the production moved to the far east. Also, many "Made in the USA" pedals have circuit boards that were etched and populated in the far east, technically making them "Assembled in the USA" pedals. Or "Assembled in Sweden", in the case of EBS :D

To me, "Made in the USA" means nothing special - I don't live in the US, so... I think the same goes for melx.

/Andreas

• Members

Here's a hint, chinese workers don't see any of the money. You heard of communism before?

Here's a hint: Look up what has happened to the standards of living of Chinese workers since Deng Xiaoping's reforms and as a result of our buying products from them. It's true that they don't pocket most of the money, but they pocket a lot of it, all things considered. Our buying cheap crap from Walmart lifts 500,000 Chinese out of absolute poverty yearly. Since I am a humanitarian rather than a nationalist, this makes me happy.

• Members

If I'm going to help people by buying products, I'd rather buy products from a poor Chinese person than a rich American.

There are plenty of poor Americans to buy products from if it makes you feel better, but I'm sure the poor Chinese workers rich boss will appreciate your money. Worker exploitation is everywhere, but China is pretty notorious. Pick your poison.

• Members

There are plenty of poor Americans to buy products from if it makes you feel better, but I'm sure the poor Chinese workers rich boss will appreciate your money. Worker exploitation is everywhere, but China is pretty notorious. Pick your poison.

The poor Americans aren't that poor compared to the Chinese.

Why are people arguing with me? What I am saying is not controversial.

Archived