Hardwire production moved to China?

schenkadere

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The poor Americans aren't that poor compared to the Chinese.

Why are people arguing with me? What I am saying is not controversial.

Because when you make off base statements about helping the Poor Chinese instead of Rich Americans and have an answer for every objection to that line of thought, people tend to answer back.

That said, "pick your poison" pretty much summed up the issue: either a rich guy in the States in gonna get richer or some rich dude in China will, while the poor in either country are merely allowed to live another day.

• Members

I don't know if I speak for all Americans, but manufacturing is liquid. It always moves to the lowest point. I don't think it's a big deal or a surprise to see America become less of a manufacturing country. So we as Americans have to figure out what we will do now that we aren't in the manufacturing business.

• Members

This coming from a man of 50 posts, of which those made today are focused on complaining about TGP and complaining about China. Are all of your posts this tedious?

So sweet how you feel the need to defend your little internet friend. Sorry, I'll be sure to take the time out of my life to make 9000+ posts per year to achieve some level of credibility. Thanks for the tip!:thu:

• Members

If I'm going to help people by buying products, I'd rather buy products from a poor Chinese person than a rich American.

Don't tell me you've bought into the mentality that all Americans are rich and fat? That's how we're portrayed in the media but it's far from the truth. We're getting poorer by the minute with Obama at the helm. We're getting CHANGE you can believe in but not the type we wanted. I predict he will go back on every promise he ever made during his campaign.

• Members

Hi. I am TGIH!
:)
Really I don't care where something is made as long as it's good. The political element behind things disgust me however.

The point was that they introduce the line with Made in the USA as a selling point...do you think they would advertise "Now Made in China"? No. People will assume they're made in the USA and purchase the pedal unknowing.

A good pedal, is a good pedal...I agree.

• Members
The point was that they introduce the line with Made in the USA as a selling point...do you think they would advertise "Now Made in China"? No. People will assume they're made in the USA and purchase the pedal unknowing.

Yeah, Beyond our control I spose as TOO many things are.

• Members

It is uncontroversial that Chinese workers typically have worse conditions than Americans, and it is also uncontroversial that their trade with the rest of the world has lifted a great number of them out of poverty.

Labor unions in the US oppose free trade for selfish reasons--they want to impose restrictions on who we trade with so as to artificially raise their wages. They only pretend to care for PR reasons.

Anyone who wants to use the government to coerce me into buying their products or to coerce me into paying higher prices is my enemy.

• Members

Good articles overall. The second makes the mistake of confusing maoism with state capitalism, which China has operated under for over thirty years. No political scientist in good conscious would call modern China maoist.

• Members

Here's why they moved production oversea's - to have it done more cheaply because the pedals haven't been selling well....

They tried lowering the price first - most of us {censored}ers still didn't buy em...

finally they moved production to china to lower costs...

• Members

I'm with you... to me, "made in USA" was as big of a selling point as the reverse reverb feature when I bought my RV-7. I'm not likely to buy another Hardwire pedal unless they also seriously drop the price. :mad:

• Members

It is uncontroversial that Chinese workers typically have worse conditions than Americans, and it is also uncontroversial that their trade with the rest of the world has lifted a great number of them out of poverty.

Probably as this is not all you said. Your assuming that is what people where attacking.

Labor unions in the US oppose free trade for selfish reasons--they want to impose restrictions on who we trade with so as to artificially raise their wages. They only pretend to care for PR reasons.

You are assuming again. Possibly right but that is a huge sweeping statement. This will be perceived to be a statement made out of hubris, much as this one is as well.

Anyone who wants to use the government to coerce me into buying their products or to coerce me into paying higher prices is my enemy.

Hmmm, you are going to have ulcers. :-) Everyone wants you to pay higher prices, most people are selfish, and don't understand economics or international trade (I sure as hell am and don't).

Don't worry to much. it will kill you. Play guitar, do your job, vote your consciences, Try to do good. yeah there you go.....

Also, people on the internet all know tons more that you, always.

• Members

Truly couldn't give a {censored} if something was made in the USA or not. That's never been a byword for quality in guitars or electronics anymore than 'made in the UK' is.

Only reason I prefer to buy something made in the UK is supporting local builders like Bare Knuckle pickups etc.. Aside from that I couldn't give a toss.

• Members

Personally I see the majority of outsourcing as a simple end-run around human rights, living wages, and environmental laws. China neatly sums up all these lovely concerns in one giant package. We are enabling bad actors in the fields of human rights and environmental devastation by bestowing upon them "most favored nation" trading partner status. We are also enabling them to decimate our productive capacity and ultimately make us dependent upon them for goods and indebted to them based on the imbalance of trade. We are enabling transnational corporations to short-sell our standard of living and pull the bottom out of our wages and bust our trade unions.

By forcing the workers in "free world" nations to compete with virtual slave labor in the decidedly "not free" world of China, both sides ultimately lose. The only winners here are:

1: The Chinese government, which now sees itself as a nascent superpower and is only just beginning to exercise its formidable military might in what will undoubtedly become a new era of imperial hegemony

2: The transnational corporations, which see themselves as above the law and as the defacto rulers of the planet

• Members

I've been using the Dl8 since August and didn't need to check where it has been made..

Apart from politics, I think that the future of manufacturing is in China and India. it's funny how japan brands try to put a sticker in their cameras that says "assembled in japan", or hide the "made in china" with black on black letters. Japan started their manufacturing success by doing the same thing!

Archived