The Fulltone Tube Tape Echo

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Haha, enjoy it man. I'm just jealous.

hehe I know, thanks!

I was a little torn over the whole EP-2/EP-3 thing myself but the EP-3 I got is coming from somebody I really trust and should be in great shape. I want to try the EP-2 for the tube preamp and all that, if i can find a good one down the road I probably will. :cool:

• Members

hehe I know, thanks!

I was a little torn over the whole EP-2/EP-3 thing myself but the EP-3 I got is coming from somebody I really trust and should be in great shape. I want to try the EP-2 for the tube preamp and all that, if i can find a good one down the road I probably will.
:cool:

You oughta buy mine...it's the second most expensive thing I own...second only to my car. Sheesh.

• Members

You oughta buy mine...it's the second most expensive thing I own...second only to my car. Sheesh.

haha talk to me again when i have money :lol:

I honestly reeeeeally shouldn't have done this one. bills are all paid for etc etc but christ sometimes I just don't know how to stop myself. :facepalm:

"look! its shiny and from a good seller and i can has!"

24 hours later:

"{censored}, that was a lot of money!"

:cop:

• Members

haha talk to me again when i have money
:lol:

I honestly reeeeeally shouldn't have done this one. bills are all paid for etc etc but christ sometimes I just don't know how to stop myself.
:facepalm:

"look! its shiny and from a good seller and i can has!"

24 hours later:

"{censored}, that was a lot of money!"

:cop:

Haha yeahh, that's kinda how I felt. I sold a guitar like a day before, had the dough.

• Members

But I want a tape echo with a tube preamp, not a digital delay with analog flltering and limiting.

This

You have to look at it as a multi-effects unit. Delay, slap back echo, reverb, overdrive. The multi playback head units even do a pretty sweet chorus and hall reverb. You could do a blind listening test and you would not be able to tell the difference between real spring reverb or the tape echo. That TTE is pretty tricked out. I love the mods they added to that one. It's a pretty cool feeling to have all tubes in the signal chain. Just tape, tubes, wire, caps and resistors. I will have one some day. Congrats!

• Members

That TTE is pretty tricked out. I love the mods they added to that one. It's a pretty cool feeling to have all tubes in the signal chain. Just tape, tubes, wire, caps and resistors. I will have one some day. Congrats!

Thanks! I'm excited about the mods too, especially the warble switch and the stereo outputs. Also, I love the fact that the TTE can get 100% wet. That's always bugged me with the Space Echo RE 101.

The all-tube path is really the selling point for me. I'm not a freak about it, though - solid state and digital are cool by me. I just like having the option of playing through an all tube rig for certain songs that would benefit from it in the studio. I even have a tube condenser mic and an all-tube pre amp for recording my amp. Now if I could just find an old tube-powered 4 track tape recorder - does that exist, and would I even want one? :facepalm:

• Members

The TTE is amazing. I love mine.

If you want more "flutter" ask Fulltone for a plastic corner roller. The first versions were shipped with these and they added a little more. Run it on slow speed with the plastic roller and it has a very lush modulation.

I'm betting you will stay very happy with this thing.

Archived