Axe FX Pitch Demo

Aaron SS

• Members

Sounds pretty decent. I don't think that stuff really sounds any better than what I can get with a pod X3 or VST's though.

Gotta keep in mind that was recorded on a {censored} camera. Recorded direct is a whole new ball game but too much of a PITA for me to hook up atm.

• Members

Gotta keep in mind that was recorded on a {censored} camera. Recorded direct is a whole new ball game but too much of a PITA for me to hook up atm.

Yeah... it just doesn't sound much better than the other modelers out there. It's nice that they throw those features in though.

I just want an Axe for all the amp models :lol:

• Members

Thanks for the video, man. Sounds good. Between assignments last night, I was screwing with some stuff and didn't realize I was recording this. It is scummy playing, but it shows the tracking power of the Axe pretty well. The places where it sounds like the tracking might be stepping is because I was going up and down a 3 octave scale and dragging my finger on the position transfer.Pitchy Synthy Stuff

• Members

Fail.

The people that haven't experienced the Axe-Fx for themselves have no way to understand. I love that Crxsh loves the Pitchfactor demo and says "meh" to your video, but the Axe-Fx Ultra can emulate just about every sound the Pitchfactor, Timefactor and Modfactor make. Keep in mind, this is coming from a guy that loves his Timefactor, but I really don't need it now that I have the Ultra.

:wave:

• Members

I have spent a total of about 10 minutes working with the pitch shifting and I totally agree about the statement Only scratching the surface. Using the pitch shifting is the most challenging thing I've come across with the Axe Fx. At the same time, I don't really have a need for those sounds so I don't always know what I'm looking to achieve. The Pitchfactor is cool in its own right and it's basically all set up for you to get started with the banks and stuff. A quick jog of the presets on the Axe makes it obvious that there are incredible pitch/crystals/multidelay sounds available, and I'm fairly confident in saying they are on the same level as the pitch factor or any other Eventide offerings.

• Members

I've spent a little time using the pitch effects and I agree there's so much to discover that it's not something you can master instantly because there's so much going on.

I've not used the pitchfactor but I've not seen it do anything that the Axe FX can't do but I have seen plenty that the Axe FX can do that the pitchfactor can't do. For example I'm going to mess with attaching controllers and using FX sends and returns. But ya with that said this isn't an Axe FX VS Pitchfactor thread but more of an introduction of the pitch shifting capabilities available on the Axe FX that some people might not have known about.

• Members

Lose the delay/reverb so we can hear it clearer.

Sounds real nice, it distorts a little with the pitch and arpeggiator.

I miss the arpeggiator I had in my old ValveFX which sounded pretty much the same, wish they would have put it in the 1101.

Archived