What are the good tremolos? I would search but search is broken

John_McEnroe

• Members

Hey so I am thinking of getting a tremolo pedal. The only one I really know about is the boss version.

What are the cool tremolos worth checking out? I don't need a ton of features, just a good basic tremolo with some different wave shapes, speed control, and depth knob.

• Members

The best one in my opinion for price and functionaility is the Seymour Duncan Shape Shifter Tremelo. It has tap, wave form options, you can make your taps doubles, triplets and quadruplets. Very amp like. If I ever switched away from my M13 I would buy it again in a second. You can get similar features from the Empress trem, for double the money.

The EH Pulsar is a great pedal, no tap though.

The Line 6 Tap Tremelo is the worst tremelo ever, it's also the worst pedal I've ever owned, period. Your amp noise will have trem on it, even when the pedal is off.

Teaming up a trem with some good reverb is a great combo and worth the purchase.

• Members

I liked my Shape Shifter a lot more than the Stereo Pulsar. Pulsar was very twitchy with the knobs, if you can find your sound it was good. But the SS sounds good everywhere, and with tap, is a best buy. The TR-2 is not bad either.

I just saw a new Red Witch Pentavocal sell on ebay for $132. Great tremolo, at any price, that was a steal, I should have bid on it, but I'm getting an Empress Tremolo from another forumite, and I'm psyched on that one a lot.

The best one in my opinion for price and functionaility is the Seymour Duncan Shape Shifter Tremelo. It has tap, wave form options, you can make your taps doubles, triplets and quadruplets. Very amp like. If I ever switched away from my M13 I would buy it again in a second. You can get similar features from the Empress trem, for double the money.

The EH Pulsar is a great pedal, no tap though.

The Line 6 Tap Tremelo is the worst tremelo ever, it's also the worst pedal I've ever owned, period. Your amp noise will have trem on it, even when the pedal is off.

Teaming up a trem with some good reverb is a great combo and worth the purchase.

• Members

I just saw a new Red Witch Pentavocal sell on ebay for $132. Great tremolo, at any price, that was a steal, I should have bid on it, but I'm getting an Empress Tremolo from another forumite, and I'm psyched on that one a lot.

That is an awesome deal

• Members

I love my keeley modded tr-2. I don't know if the mod is really necessary for the newer boss pedals, but it's nice to have the clean boost too.

That said, had the store I went to had a Fulltone Trem in stock when I visited I would have bought that instead.

Archived