O.T. - Don't think I can eat Fish again...

MuffFuzz

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I gotta be honest.

If I had to watch where the meat in my food came from before I ate it, I wouldn't eat it. Simple as that.

Thankfully, it's easy to ignore what the meat you're eating has to go through before it gets on your plate.

I think I'd probably be more disgusted at what factory cows and chickens have to go through. I bet it's so much more disgusting than that fish video.

But some things you just don't talk about while you're eating.

My girlfriend is a vegetarian (and annoyingly starting to lean vegan, seriously you won't eat honey now? That's what bees do!!!! That's their job! That's what they like doing is making honey!!!!! Why do you want to stop bees from doing what they love?)

I don't think I'll be giving up meat anytime soon, but I will say we could all do fine to eat LESS meat. You really don't need to eat a dead carcass everytime you're hungry! And there really are great veggie dishes out there, unfortunately restaurants don't serve them outside the big cities. America could definitely use more veggies right?

• Members

Well, it's not quite as bad as the three screams.

The three screams is a Chinese dish which consists of a plate of live newborn mice.

The first scream is pinching them with chopsticks and dipping them in sauce.

The second scream is dipping them in hot oil.

The third scream is chewing the live baby mouse.

• Members

Well, it's not quite as bad as the three screams.

The three screams is a Chinese dish which consists of a plate of live newborn mice.

The first scream is pinching them with chopsticks and dipping them in sauce.

The second scream is dipping them in hot oil.

The third scream is chewing the live baby mouse.

is that real?

what the {censored} is with this barbaric way of eating food? baby mice? {censored}ing get real.

• Members

is that real?

what the {censored} is with this barbaric way of eating food? baby mice? {censored}ing get real.

Yeah. My former roomate, who is Chinese, talked about it being a traditional dish from one particular province that prides itself on eating really weird {censored}.

• Members

I'm more torn up about eating fish because we've already cleaned out about 90% of the fish stocks worldwide. That bothers me MUCH more than any sort of cruelty issues. I absolutely love sushi, but haven't had it since mid summer. I want my grandkids to have a few fish to eat, ya know? :thu:

Archived