Monthly Mission

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Crap in a bucket! Almost forgot. Get your votes in. Friday is the last day to vote.

This is tons of fun, I had a blast last time - so anyone thinking about doing it, do it. There's nothing to regret.

These missions are the best because they make you do something a little different than normal and allow you to focus on one thing.... thus voting is important.

• Members

Hey folks, it's been a looong time since the missions have been active, so I built a password reset function. Just enter your username and a new password will be generated and emailed to the address in your account.

If all else fails, you can PM ElectricPuppy or myself and we can reset it for you, change your email address, etc.

Go MM! I'm going to see if I can find the time to participate in this cycle.

• Members

Folks, we already did "one synth only". It is the JD competition. :cop:

But more important "one synth contest" makes no sense unless exact synthezier is specified! i.e: person A comes with Roland JV-30, person B comes with Oasys. I think it's obvious who will win, because all that person B needs to do is to press play on one of pre defined grooves. Capish?

• Members

if you please?

Term "subtractive only" was used to point out no other synthesis methods are allowed, not to say you need to subtract something from a sinewave. Subtractive synthesis stands for a concept. A classic synthesizer design VCO-VCF-VCA, not just for subtracting partials from the original harmonic. It is a synth design, not just the process.

As of original question - what is to be subtracted. I though you might find it interesting that using two sine wave oscillators and applying cross modulation, osc sync or ring modulation you can create whole population of new harmonics. And there is a lot that can be subtracted from it. Cross mod, sync and AM are a standard part of many subtractive synthesizers.

• Members

Paging Don Solaris, paging Don Solaris: this is your baby, would you like to clarify the rules on this one, please?

Dead simple. Just grab any digital or analog synth that gives sine waves, make a few different patches out of them and do a song with it. Standard functions such as: cross mod, ring mod and osc sync allowed.

Or take two different synths, or ten, or a sampler, or different samplers, etc...

Use any effects you desire, etc....

Let the surf on sinewaves begin!

:wave:

• Members
dangerous_to_go_alone.jpg
I think you can do whatever you like, O Fleese of Doom. If you want to collaborate, knock your self out! It's not a competition except maybe with yourself to actually produce something. (That's alone is competition enough for me. I'm still cogitating on what I'm going to do for this.)

• Members

This is going to be interesting making my drum parts with just sine waves. Actually the kick I have covered with the Jomox Mbase which uses a sine wave, but the snare should be interesting. I can't wait to start.

• Members

Hello and welcome to this post. I've been thinking about the Monthly Mission schedule lately.

I'm concerned that a 4 week cycle may actually be too long. I know that, at least for me, unless a deadline is looming, I tend to put things off and forget about them. SO: I'm thinking of setting a 3-week cycle schedule for the MM instead of 4 weeks. This would make the current schedule as follows:

May 9 - May 30: Accepting submissions for current mission, Sine Waves.
May 16 - May 23: Accepting nominations for next mission
May 23 - May 30: Vote on next mission
May 31: Begin next mission

Any objections? Is a 3-week cycle too short?

Archived