63 Vibroverb Reissue

echodeluxe

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's a steal, assuming that it isn't modified or fried.

I have an original vintage, and it's the amp of my dreams. When I bought it back in '95, I thought it was a reissue for years before I realized I had an original.

The reissues are excellent, and very close to original, except the rectifier is solid state.

• Members

That's a steal, assuming that it isn't modified or fried.

I have an original vintage, and it's the amp of my dreams. When I bought it back in '95, I thought it was a reissue for years before I realized I had an original.

The reissues are excellent, and very close to original, except the rectifier is solid state.

This is nuts as the Vibroverb is one of my dream amps as well. Was its condition really that pristine? I'd really love to own an original Vibro King one day as well.

Anyway, this isn't a terribly bad deal, echo. I saw one of these listed locally earlier this year for about the same price, but decided against it as I couldn't get out to try it in person and I've heard scattershot reports of mediocrity from the reissues depending upon the year of manufacture.

• Members
if i have a chance to get a 90's 63 vibroverb reissue, should i get it? especially if its selling for $450?

3k83md3l85P15S35R39bn0936abe371861ac5.jp

Let me put it like this... there's one on eBay US right now, with a $1299 BIN. The ones that do pop up here in Europe tend to go for closer to $1700 (converted to USD). And I'd give my left nut for one (not literally, but not far from it). :eek:

• Members

Let me put it like this... there's one on eBay US right now, with a $1299 BIN. The ones that do pop up here in Europe tend to go for closer to $1700 (converted to USD). And I'd give my left nut for one (not literally, but not far from it).
:eek:

If that's the case, I wonder if you shouldn't try to get the thing shipped over to you. You'd have a hell of a bargain on your hands for an amp that you really want.

• Members

I'd really love to own an original Vibro King one day as well.

No such thing as a vintage Vibro-King. It was launched with the amp "custom shop" and was a Bruce Zinky creation.

Early models used an EL84 reverb driver that burned out quickly and sounded horrible. It was probably chosen because at the time there was no quality source for new manufacture 6V6 tubes.

• Members

No such thing as a vintage Vibro-King. It was launched with the amp "custom shop" and was a Bruce Zinky creation.

Early models used an EL84 reverb driver that burned out quickly and sounded horrible. It was probably chosen because at the time there was no quality source for new manufacture 6V6 tubes.

My mistake. Vibrolux. That's the one I meant.

• Members

Let me put it like this... there's one on eBay US right now, with a $1299 BIN. The ones that do pop up here in Europe tend to go for closer to $1700 (converted to USD). And I'd give my left nut for one (not literally, but not far from it).
:eek:

Yeah, that $1299 from Mike's Music is way too much. These reissues regularly go from around $400-$600. Although, for some strange reason, the last few on ebay have been selling for around $800-$900.

• Members

If that's the case, I wonder if you shouldn't try to get the thing shipped over to you. You'd have a hell of a bargain on your hands for an amp that you really want.

I've been thinking about that. I'd need to replace the power transformer, and the shipping, duty and tax (30% on top of the amp+shipping) would cost a lot. But if they're "only" around $8-900 it'd still be a decent deal. Hmm...

/Andreas

• Members

so, i did it.

boom.

4129392379_3a099b13f1_o.jpg

OMG THE REVERB. omg the everything.

it sounds great. in perfect condition. the dude even had a custom padded soft cover for it.

i havent been able to crank it but so far, its super nice sounding. the reverb and tremolo are so nice and great.

ah, san diego has been a trip well worth the flight and driving and money.

• Members

so, i did it.

boom.

4129392379_3a099b13f1_o.jpg

OMG THE REVERB. omg the everything.

it sounds great. in perfect condition. the dude even had a custom padded soft cover for it.

i havent been able to crank it but so far, its super nice sounding. the reverb and tremolo are so nice and great.

ah, san diego has been a trip well worth the flight and driving and money.

{censored}ing win. now you just gotta start gigging to get her sounding load and gorgeous. :thu:

Archived