63 Vibroverb Reissue

echodeluxe

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ive tried and i just dont get jeff buckley. His warbly falsetto crooning is terrible. He seems way over rated in all regards.

I don't know how he can be called overrated. I can understand not liking him, but calling him overrated? He wasn't even very famous when he was alive. But he has one of the most powerful voices of all time. From singing super low to sounding like a choir boy without changing his projection is absolutely incredible. He has some of the most interesting chord progressions i've ever heard aswell.

Overrated? never.

• Members

this is not a jeff buckley thread. gtfo with that.

Had no idea they changed the trem circuit - never read that before - deets?

(bias trem = one of the biggest things that sets this amp apart!)

ill try to find a schematic to check out the differences. i will say the trem sounds very nice. very vintage sounding. i doubt ill use it though.

the reverb is another story... :love:

• Members
ill try to find a schematic to check out the differences. i will say the trem sounds very nice. very vintage sounding. i doubt ill use it though.

the reverb is another story...
:love:

Wha!? Have you ever played a bias trem amp @ cranked volumes? :eek:

You might be singing a different tune if you've not yet experienced this - its WILD.

Still can't find mention of differences to the trem circuit, so I'm looking forward to whatever light you can shed on this. . .

• Members

I wanted to like this amp. I've tried it many times over the years but there just isn't enough low end for me. I don't like the 2 x 10s. Admittedly treble was my enemy up until about three years ago.

If it works for you... Congrats.

There's an external speaker out in the Vibroverb. I'll be running mine into my Cordovox rotating 12" speaker cab (as soon as I can ship it from my parents house to mine). Plenty of low end if needed.

But in general, I don't use much low end on my guitar. It interferes with the frequencies that I usually reserve for bass guitar, bass drum, and floor tom.

• Members
so, i did it.

boom.

4129392379_3a099b13f1_o.jpg

OMG THE REVERB. omg the everything.

it sounds great. in perfect condition. the dude even had a custom padded soft cover for it.

i havent been able to crank it but so far, its super nice sounding. the reverb and tremolo are so nice and great.

ah, san diego has been a trip well worth the flight and driving and money.

Congrats. Supremely nice amp.

• Members

I wanted to like this amp. I've tried it many times over the years but there just isn't enough low end for me. I don't like the 2 x 10s. Admittedly treble was my enemy up until about three years ago.

If it works for you... Congrats.

so far it seems to have plenty low end. and i can run it into my avatar 2x12 if i really feel the need.

• Members

so, i cranked it up a bit today. it is very clear to me that i have made the right choice in purchasing this amplifier.

it is warm and huge sounding. not harsh at all. cleans up with the volume pot really nicely. it just has that punch i love. i mean, i dont want to use a ton of buzzwords to describe how it sounds. it just sounds incredibly good. even better with the fulldrive. and the reverb OMG.....

4136374917_c9dee41d19.jpg

Archived