Your Best & Worst resales

warioblast

• Members

Best was buying a Ric 330 new from an MF blowout sale for $999 and selling it on ebay for $1450, that's how I have my Superdelay :thu: (some would look down on this, but I call it venture capitalism). I haven't ever really lost a whole lot on anything, I only regret selling my Gibson Goldtone GA15rv to my band's old producer for $450, still miss that thing.

• Members

I have 2 good flips on boss pedals.

#1) Boss DC-2 paid $40 traded for a 12-string Tokai Ric copy.

#2) Boss VB-2 paid $30 traded for a Early 70s Big Muff, a Zoom Hyper Metal and cash.

Worst sale was the first electric I bought with my own money. Ibanez Talman in cherry sunburst. I paid $600 new and sold it when I was out of work for $200. I still miss that guitar.

• Members

I have gotten some good deals in my day though, and I pay for all my gear by selling other gear... I guess you could say I got my Voodoo V-Plex 100 with 4x12 (altogether ~$3,200 new) for $600, I got an Epi Elitist 3 years ago for $600, sold it on here for $600, used that money to buy my old Coronado, sold the Coronado 2 years later for $900, and bought my Voodoo from a guy who needed the money quick for about that much...

My Hiwatt halfstack was $1,499 with cases but I paid for that by selling 2 amps that I paid a total of about $1,000 for...

So those 2 amps cost me about $1,500 of my own money before buying and flipping other stuff to fund it :thu:

• Members

Bought a pro level custom built drumset with all the accessories for $750. Of course, I had been buying pro level hardware and cymbals for years, so I sold all the extra included stuff for $800 total. I made money on the transaction, but it took about 6 months to sell everything off.

In general, I try to only move on killer deals. I regularly pick up guitars, pedals, amps, etc for $20 or less at garage sales, Craigslist, and unseen eBay auctions. Because of that, when I sell things, even if I sell at way less than market value, I always make money.

I think the only thing I've taken a loss on recently is a big obnoxious Peavey Mark III Mixer. I just HAD to have it for $170. After about two gigs with it, I decided it was WAY too big and bought a Mackie. I ended up selling it and a couple of cheap old speakers for $150.

• Members

On CL Paid $400 for a handwired blackface deluxe reverb clone, new they run about $1600.

Was going to trade it for a usa jazzmaster , but i kept it and cop a jazzy from mf blowout.

Custom built Blackface Deluxe Reverb with 15" Calafornia Weber and modded normal channel sounds awesome , new finger jointed pine cab (From John) .$1,600.00 plus $75.00 S&H and Insurance, Satisfaction Guaranteed!

Deluxe%20115.BMP

• Members

Bought a whole DJ set up for $100 and quick flipped it for $350, while keeping the Audio Technica headphones and Monster Cables (which, say what you will, is a step up from the broken/Radioshack cables I was using). Oh, and a Technics record bag that just looks cool.

Biggest loss? A dead mint Guild amp I paid $200 for. A bit much, but the loss came when I sold it. It's what I get for going with an expensive impulse buy. First I was going to be like 3 weeks late shipping the thing because I was away, I told him this, and offered to pay shipping to compensate. He agreed. Eventually my step-dad shipped it out according to detailed instructions I left him.

Then it got lost in the mail. Being young, naive, and stupid, I refunded the guy on good faith he'd pay me back once he got it. I was desperate to sell the thing. Of course he flamed my ebay account anyway claiming I was a con artist without warning. Fast forward three months, and it shows up on his door step, with the shipped date exactly when I said it was. Of course, he refused it. So I paid to ship the damn thing back to my house. It sits in the basement for a year while I'm in college. I come back, let it sit some more, thinking I'll just send it somewhere else. Eventually curiosity gets to me, I wonder what the old thing sounded like, I was such a n00b when I had it. I open it.

Step-dad packed it with like three pages of newspaper and the thing imploded on delivery. It's in pieces, tube glass, brittle composite wood, bolts, just everything everywhere. It's ruined.

So I paid $200 for the amp, $40 for shipping there, $40 for shipping back, and got a busted box of amp parts. Fail. Cool story bro.

Archived