Best Deal You Got On Gear ?

mikeoxlong

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
A friend of mine sold me this for the same price he paid for it...

sh101.jpg

$35.

That's absurd.

Probably best I've ever done was $100 on a Polychorus or $200 on a Guyatone Ultron. I still use the Polychorus, though -- sold the Ultron and made a profit. Got a Boss Harmonist for $50, sold it for $200.

• Members

Sunn Studio P.A. for $50 from a pawn shop. Opened it up and all the wires were disconnected. Just ordered the schematic, working on it. :facepalm:
Fagan hates me for this one. :p

Late 70's Roland JC-120 for $200

DD-3 for $15

Morley Volume Pedal for $10

Line 6 DL4 for $40

5-string electric violin for $90, that actually plays well!

Crate G1500H that I found in someone's garbage. Cleaned the pots, put a new plug on it and it runs great. Found a big roach when cleaning the reverb unit. :freak:

B-52 AT-100 with 412 Cab for $325 as soon as my room mate isn't able to pay rent. :cop:

Working on a Hammond Organ and Leslie Speaker for $200, person has been posting the {censored} out of it on CL, waiting for them to drop the price more.

Fender Baritone Custom (the Bass VI with the Tune-O-Matic Bridge) for $600. Not really a steal, but $400 less than what they're selling for now.

I'm young with the GAS though. I only started buying equipment when I was almost 20. Now I'm 21.

• Members

i havent gotten anything at a real steal. i got my jcm800 and cab for a decent price, but i dont think i would call it a super amazing deal. but my girlfriends dad has apperently gotten a few hiwatt heads for like 200$ each.. sooo lucky!

• Members

'56 les paul custom-$550 (long gone.)

'54 LesPaul GA40 amp $40 (In Scotland as we speak)

60s Burns split sound, $40 w/case (traded for a Gretsch Tennessean, traded the Tennessean to Pete Buck for a Dano Jimmy Page model).

Recently-

B+H Cab, used for FILMOSOUND 16mm projectors, found @ a thrift ship in We Ho, $15. Speaker is an original Jensen P-12-N ($$$$)

DSC02283.jpg

Gibson GA20 cab, $7, junk store find in the Valley

GA20cab.jpg

OLD Korg synth, found it (!) on the curb in my neighborhood, along w/some rack gear, art supplies, and OLD laser disc player, and collection of criterion discs

DSC02036.jpg

Sold to an employee @ Alesis

• Members
OLD Korg synth, found it (!) on the curb in my neighborhood, along w/some rack gear, art supplies, and OLD laser disc player, and collection of criterion discs

DSC02036.jpg
Sold to an employee @ Alesis

How much did you sell it to him for? MS-20s regularly fetch $1500+ on eBay.

• Members

My JTK2

1e2bnb.jpg

Got it for 200 EUR + the seller threw in a thick carying bag, a 5m cable, a tuner and some spare strings :lol:

They usually go for 350 around here for a less then decent model and mine was mint. I think he sold it that cheap because the jack was {censored}ed up but that was an easy fix.

a VRI RAT for 60 EUR when they still went for 100. I got it from an old friend who needed some money. He still regrets it to this very day :)

• Members

Korg Polysix and Korg Delta for $100. Sold the Delta, LOVE the Polysix. :D

Juno-6 for $200. needed a couple of repairs, but still came out on top.

Arion SCH-1 $10
Arion SAD-1 $30

one of those old Ibanez analog multi-effects for $75.

MINT gibson echoplex digital pro plus with footswitch for $500. This was actually a curse. caused me to sell the 2880.. which I'm desperately looking for again. :mad: damn you echoplex!!! also.. caused me to try and read that {censored}ing manual. thank god I sold that thing. :D

Not the craaaziest deal.. but in one craigslist day I picked up a fender musicmaster bass amp in extreme mint condition for $200 and a hoof fuzz for $90.

• Members

A couple more good deals I've gotten:

50'th anniversary 57' american strat for $500

Early 90's DMM for $90

Handpainted Zvex Fuzz Factory $150

Schumann PLL as a straight trade for a D*A*M MKII

DLX Big Muff $50

Reissue polychorus $65

Most all of my gear I've gotten has been from local music stores, musicians, and pawn shops for hardly anything.

I :love: LA.

Archived