Best Deal You Got On Gear ?

mikeoxlong

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

my brother scored a vintage rat, in like new condition for 15 bones.

the best I ever did was my guitar, an 86 MIJ Strat, which while kinda dinged up and all that {censored} is fantastic, and worth way more than the $125 I paid for it. it's also a wonderful blue color, which isn't lake placid blue, but the metallic blue, that has yellowed with age to more of a greenish blue.

• Members

I have too many great deals to list but the funniest was finding a mint blackface 1966 fender 2x12 cab with original Jensens sitting on the side of the road. Lots of 2.99 wah deals and vintage tube amps for under 50 -- I am pretty lucky about being in the right place at the right time.

• Members

The best deal I ever got was a brand new SG Classic for free. I ended up selling it and getting a 67' reissue special for a few hundred more than what I sold the Classic. I also did pretty good on my HWY1 Tele brand new for $567.00. Many years ago, I scored a 100 watt tubeworks combo amp for $100 which I still have. That's a dollar a watt, not bad.

372734806.jpg

• Members

my fav's are:

-moog poly moog, got it for $50 and turned around and traded it for a '74 twin reverb, sunn 200s head and matching 4x12 cabinet and a acoustic 470 head and matching 6x10 cabinet

-moog minimoog synth for $500 and sold it for $5300

-MIJ Jazzmaster from the 90's for $100

-Digitech wh-1 for $75 (Still have it)

-'77 Fender Starcaster for $450 (still have it)

Thats all of my deals, for the most part I sold off my deals to pay for upgrading my gear.....

• Members

I just got this stuff:

IMG_1182.jpg

A mid 70's Roland AF-60 Bee Gee Fuzz
A 77' MXR Script Phase 45
and a first issue Yellow DOD OD-Preamp 250

For this:

IMG_1176.jpg

A cheap Chinese LP Copy.

The cool part is that I got the LP copy in a trade as well. I traded a Dean Exotica acoustic for a Fender Toronado GT HH and the LP. The Toronado alone is worth more than the Dean, so I came up there too.

• Members

Mesa Boogie Mark I w/ a torn cane grill(replaced) w/ missing tubes(replaced),
TC Electronic SPE, original wooden Gary Hurst Tonebender.

Replaced the cane grill and bought new groove tubes for the Mark I... Works like brand new. SPE currently on my board. Tonebender, perfect condition w/ original box.

Bought all three for $180 at an estate sale. Sold the Mark I for $1200 a Custom Shop Strat. Tonebender sold for $300 and a BLD.

• Members

picked up an 1980 mxr phase 45 for $20.00 a 1980`s korg analog flanger m.i.j. for 35.00 a korg 80`s phaser analog $15.00 and a stage EC100 Tape echo for zero $$ in one week.not to shabby!

but my best one is a fender deluxe reverb reissue amp for $20.00 and a few beers

retail- 1,200.00 back in `97

Archived