New Vampire Weekend

mis5dis6gis7

• Members

I think it's a pretty cool album to chill out to. I had never heard of this band until last week.

oh great! more quirky rich white people music. because we all know that we all really need reggae, world music, and indie rock all mixed together in 2010. so inventive.

also, way to ruin the video game contra for me as well, dorks

Never understood why people cared how much money someone has or what color they are when it comes to music. It's not like they are lying to anybody about their backgrounds, that I can tell. Music is music. If there was a discussion on Charlie Pride would you say "Oh great just what we need, more country and western music from an underprivileged black guy" in a smarmy tone.

• Members

oh great! more quirky rich white people music. because we all know that we all really need reggae, world music, and indie rock all mixed together in 2010. so inventive.

also, way to ruin the video game contra for me as well, dorks

That's great.

May as well say, "cool, more violent poor black people music".

Either you like the music or not, why the {censored} to you feel the need to bring up their ethnicity or economic background?

• Members

That's great.

May as well say, "cool, more violent poor black people music".

Either you like the music or not, why the {censored} to you feel the need to bring up their ethnicity or economic background?

+1

I recently read in an interview that they cultivated that image/look to provoke and make fun of people who actually care what they look like. Seems to work pretty well on some guys here.

Haven't heard the second record, but I loved the first album to death. Quirky, melodic and they sound quite unique.

Archived