i'm buying an R3 tonight!

• Members

I hope i'm doin the right thing.

I'm getting it at an incredible price, and then the rebate comes too! So i can't really go wrong, right?

This is my first hardware synthesizer, and i don't know nearly as much bout this stuff as about guitars and amps, so i'm a little wary... but the price is so good, i can't really pass it up, right? i hope.

• Members

You're really trying the mercy of synthesizer geeks. Someone could simply say "it's Korg crap - waste of money no matter how little you pay." Or, another thing to say is "there are probably a dozen or more better synths to buy as your first synth," or better yet "there are far better synths available new and used."

Perhaps the best thing to say would be "why spend ANY money until you know as much about these as guitars and amps, because if the latter are your measure for your knowledge, surely you know very little about hardware synths, and most likely synths in general. Any money spent now is money wasted - especially on a Korg R3."

I would advise in the future to instead just buy what you want - but only after thorough research. Afterwards you can put what you have in those stupid little lists of gear everyone seems to put in in their signature lately and not bother asking a question that you really don't seem interested in having answered. Seeing as you've already stated the most base of justifications for buying it anyway.

• Members

Afterwards you can put what you have in those stupid little lists of gear everyone seems to put in in their signature lately and not bother asking a question that you really don't seem interested in having answered. Seeing as you've already stated the most base of justifications for buying it anyway.

:cry: BUT I HAVE A GEAR LIST IN MY SIG.

I'M NOT COOL ON THE INTERNET. :cry:

• Members

"why spend ANY money until you know as much about these as guitars and amps

cuz my band is doing a recording right now and because we have a gig on June 14th and want to have something programmed and ready to go by then and because i'm at the stage where i need something that functions and is a good deal even if it isn't perfect because i put in many years trying to get the perfect guitar gear but now am at a stage where i recognize that the perfect gear is more a treat for me and doesn't necessarily have any effect on the audience.

So there you have it... i guess on this issue, i'm not a musician's musician... i just want something that will fill the role we've got open right now, that will let us do some stuff, and will get us doin that stuff asap. we don't have time to waste.

I should have researched what time my music store closed though... i swore they closed at 10, but last night, they closed at 9... uggg. now i have to wait till tomorrow.

• Members

I won't change my sig because someone thinks I'm a dork. I've already put the gear list in real small characters so the haters can ignore it. Plus, I like to look at other people's gear lists. Most times, it helps me tell what perspective they are coming from.

Angry people just make life hard on themselves :)

• Members

Woohoo! Congrats. Just jump in and don't look back. Remember: there is ALWAYS something better, newer, faster, stronger out the next day. Be content and see how much you can use of the R3's abilities. Read the manual, download other's patches, learn to program it and most of all

HAVE A BALL!!

• Members

Haha! You guys are funny. What do you expect as a response?

"Go for it!" "It's an okay synth." "I don't like it." "It'll get you by until you learn what you like and don't like." "Do a search, this has been discussed before." "Great synth!"

The R3 and other "beginner" synths have been talked up and down here for-{censored}ing-ever. So I thought I'd give the guy a little color instead of the usual.

Remember: the internets are for serious people.

Archived