JAZZMASTER USERS, do you like the rhythm circuit?

vixo

• Members

i think i prefer the rhythm circuit for overdriven and fuzzed sound over the lead circuit. and you?

also, do you know, guys, if there is some famous rhythm circuit jazzmaster player? usually people like j mascis, thurston moore are using the lead circuit.

• Members

I use it only when I want to demonstrate to friends that even Leo got it wrong from time to time.

Clean, it is useless. With a drive, I'd imagine it'd smooth it out, but the volume loss associated with that part of the circuitry makes it pretty useless.

I also don't like that it automatically disengages the bridge pickup and defaults it to the neck pickup.

I suppose if I took the time to open the guitar and play with the the pot and cap values a bit, it'd be a pretty usable feature.

-Zach

• Members

I use it only when I want to demonstrate to friends that even Leo got it wrong from time to time.

Clean, it is useless. With a drive, I'd imagine it'd smooth it out, but the volume loss associated with that part of the circuitry makes it pretty useless.

I also don't like that it automatically disengages the bridge pickup and defaults it to the neck pickup.

I suppose if I took the time to open the guitar and play with the the pot and cap values a bit, it'd be a pretty usable feature.

-Zach

that's interesting.

do you refer the volume loss as a problem if you switch rhythm/lead during a song?

• Members

I don't switch to the rhythm circuit ever while actually playing. Only as a way to show friends how silly it sounds.

The neck and bridge pickups on the other hand get a lot of use. No great volume loss when switching between the two normally.

-Zach

that's interesting.

do you refer the volume loss as a problem if you switch rhythm/lead during a song?

Archived