the spring chicken is back.

amarr1

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The Spring chicken is nice, but I've seen too many going for $200-300. {censored} that {censored}. I'd rather get a t-rex roommate for that {censored}. I think even $180 is pushing it for a spring chicken. :( I'm just mad I missed out on them when they were $150

• Members
The Spring chicken is nice, but I've seen too many going for $200-300. {censored} that {censored}. I'd rather get a t-rex roommate for that {censored}. I think even $180 is pushing it for a spring chicken.
:(
I'm just mad I missed out on them when they were $150

The Chiklets are going to $120 still, I believe.

• Members

i really liked my spring chicken. but because i tend to overkill i replaced it with a cathedral. i sold mine for less than what i bought it for new, i had no idea they were going for stupid prices. supply/demand/hype

i was excited about the expression control at first but didn't want an extra pedal on the floor so i ended up not using it. the cluck knob is nice and big tho for foot turning

• Members

I was excited about the exp pedal input on the Holiest Grail when I picked one up, but it didn't do a whole lot. Certainly not the massive sweeping verb I had imagined.

If it were me I wouldn't let the exp in on a verb sway you into paying more when there's a cheaper non-exp alternative.

• Members

So I bought this...

Photo99.jpg

At first I was like whoa. This pedal is the golden mix of reverb and an analog delay. I have the Malekko e600 bright which is flawless INMO but I dont use anything but a super short setting anyway and I was thinking of going the Spring Chicken route due to the awesome exp input and self oscillation and combining the two sounds (verb / delay ) a bit.

Upon rocking a bit this morning I noticed a few things and I was like whoa. Using my trusty AVRI Jazzmaster and a DRRI I noticed quite a bit of noise. As I nudged the clock nob higher more noise. As I played the noise responded to my playing dynamics, ie. as I strummed / picked harder the noise got louder. Also if I sat for a moment ant typed on this forum about the horrors of religion the pedal would just start intermitently humming on and off. I does not do this when I am playing, just when sitting idle.

I was using a one spot to power it. Does this have something to do with it?

Why Malekko? Why? I want to love this pedal so {censored}ing much cause it is basically the sound I have always tried to get out of my DMM and E600 but the noise is to much. Please tell me I have a defective unit and my replacement will bring me the golden sound of reverb / delay perfection. I would need only my Volume pedal, the Spring Chicken, my Moog Ring Mod and my 2880 for the perfect rig.

Archived