the spring chicken is back.

amarr1

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hmm...so are these things valuable or something? I bought a Spring Chicken (new) last year for, IDK, $150? I usually play through amps that have built-in reverb, but I bought an Egnater Rebel 20 and needed a reverb pedal; folks here recommended the SC. Are they now rare?

• Members

Hmm...so are these things valuable or something? I bought a Spring Chicken (new) last year for, IDK, $150? I usually play through amps that have built-in reverb, but I bought an Egnater Rebel 20 and needed a reverb pedal; folks here recommended the SC. Are they now rare?

They were discontinued for a while, though the chicklet is supposed to be very similar.

• Members

It's okay, I have one of the originals. The pink finish dampens the high end and brings the reverb sparkle under control, which I won't expect from the new version.

Now, what the {censored} are you talking about?

• Members

It's okay, I have one of the originals. The pink finish dampens the high end and brings the reverb sparkle under control, which I won't expect from the new version.

I went through the same crisis myself.

The LE looked tempting, but it looks like some sort of brushed aluminum which would allow the springs to reverberate too freely, just sounding like a garbled mess.

The tone is in the warm pink sparkly center.

Archived