French Press.

amarr1

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Coffee is for old and/or weak minded people.

I don't understand why some people need to consume coffee in the morning to get through the day.

You're generalizing. 85% of the time I don't need it (I enjoy the taste), however when I need to stay up and focus, coffee is great. Weak minded? Seriously?

• Members

Coffee is for old and/or weak minded people.

I don't understand why some people need to consume coffee in the morning to get through the day.

I too don't know why people are "addicted" to the stuff. I only like coffee once in a while when I feel like it. Tea is a million times better.

EDIT: Aimed at the "get through the day" comment.

• Members

You're generalizing. 85% of the time I don't need it (I enjoy the taste), however when I need to stay up and focus, coffee is great. Weak minded? Seriously?

Ha, poor choice of words.

I just know too many people who drink coffee like its water and I don't quite understand it. Basically they are like that dude in the Mcdonalds commercial "don't talk to me, I haven't had my coffee."

• Members

I have a French Press at home, it's quick and easy.
But the Turkish coffee my granddad does is loads better.

I've been getting more into tea lately, though - those extremely fermented teas taste nicer, keep me awake and don't give me anxiety (which I often get after drinking coffee).

• Members

I freeze my beans, and grind fresh every morning.. Works like a charm :thu:

I too am a french press user. It does make a good cup of coffee, as long as you buy freshly roasted coffee, grind it fresh etc. I really want an espresso machine though, almost as much as I want guitar stuff.

• Members

Drip coffee is crap. My dad is a huge coffee fanatic and he has a huge amount of coffee related paraphernalia. For "standard" coffee, nothing beats Turkish-style coffee.

turkish_coffee.jpg

Everyone who is saying that Turkish coffee doesn't have a lot of sediment in it is making it wrong.

The coffee is ground into a very fine powder (finer than anything you can buy back home). You then add a scoop of coffee, a cup of water, and how much sugar you like into the coffee pot. Put it on the stove, give it a stir, and wait. As soon as it starts to boil, you take it off and poor half of it into your cup. Put it back on the stove, wait for it to boil again and poor the rest of it in your cup, grounds and all.

Stop drinking before you get to the bottom because it is full of sludge. Take your cup and flip it upside down on the saucer, and have a superstitious Turk 'read your grounds' which is like divining except funnier. Also, you should always have a glass of water with Turkish coffee.

BTW, I currently live in Turkey and that is how they do it here. I usually make it myself and was taught by a Turk, but that doesn't make me an expert, just someone who freakin' loves coffee.

Archived