French Press.

amarr1

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I love coffee. The wife and I combined our mutual Christmas gifts into an automatic grind & brew machine this past year. Fresh-ground joe every morning makes me a happy man.

Do want. My drip brewer is one of those "heat sealing" brewers, so I can have a cup a few hours after I brew it and it's still warm. Unfortunately, it tastes different, but still a pretty nice feature.

• Members

Mmm I want coffee. The tube guy that I know is also a coffee guy. Collects tubes... and coffee. He wont drink the coffee a couple weeks after its roasted so he always hooks me up with his half bags of fancy coffee.

• Members
Mmm I want coffee. The tube guy that I know is also a coffee guy. Collects tubes... and coffee. He wont drink the coffee a weeks after its roasted so he always hooks me up with his half bags of fancy coffee.

:eek:

Sounds like a real connoisseur of all things awesome. :thu:

• Members

Drip coffee is crap. My dad is a huge coffee fanatic and he has a huge amount of coffee related paraphernalia. For "standard" coffee, nothing beats Turkish-style coffee.

Drip is not necessarily crap. Coffee brewed in most automatic drip machines is crap, though. Most consumer drip machines have a few flaws, but mainly that they don't brew hot enough (should be around 200F, most aren't even close).

For some great drip, try the pourover method. Get a plastic filter holder and some cone filters, put (fresh) ground coffee in, pour boiling water over, stir.

I do like me some good French Press as well, though. But nothing beats the king...espresso!

The world of coffee snobbery can suck you in just as fast as teh FX can!

• Members

I love the grind and brew simple and elegant and good enough for me. I don't have the thermos carafe but I bought a couple of oggi thermos carafes for parties and can't believe how hot they keep the coffee. Also if there is a roaster in your area try them. In my case it's cheaper than buying star sucks at the supermarket and so much better.

• Members

Does that heat seal thing make the coffee a little bitter after a few hours?

How does the Turkish cooker work? Just put it on a stovetop with grounds and water? I think I'd like the coffee sediment.

The key to Turkish is to grind the coffee extremely finely, basically to a fine powder or dust. Done correctly and it shouldn't actually be all that sedimenty.

• Members

The key to Turkish is to grind the coffee extremely finely, basically to a fine powder or dust. Done correctly and it shouldn't actually be all that sedimenty.

Based on your coffee knowledge, espresso love, and the whole black cat (named lucky)... Is this Larry D?

• Members

Based on your coffee knowledge, espresso love, and the whole black cat (named lucky)... Is this Larry D?

Haha, no, I just happen to have a black cat named Lucky! No relation to the blend (which I've never actually tried). I get all my beans from Counter Culture.

Archived